Trying to file dispute but keep getting an "alert notification"

d1952
Contributor
Contributor

I have been unable to get a refund for a product I purchased on 8/4/2021.  After multiple requests to seller, today they sent me an email and told me to file a dispute with PayPal.  I tried to do that before but I keep getting an "alert notification" and can't seem to submit the dispute.  How can I get my refund back from this totally uncooperative seller?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Alessa

Hello @d1952,

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! Sorry to hear that you are having trouble creating a Purchase Protection Claim. Here is how to open a Purchase Protection Claim: Problem with a purchase. If you continue to receive an error when creating the claim, some troubleshooting steps could resolve the error. If possible, I advise you to try and clear the cache and cookies on the browser you are currently using. Or, you can attempt to create the claim using a different browser. Finally, if the error continues you can contact our Customer Service team for available options to open a Purchase Protection Claim. Our Customer Service options can be found: at the bottom of the PayPal site by selecting Help and Contact. 

Thank you again for reaching out on the PayPal Community Forum, I hope the information provided is able to assist with your concerns.

- Alessandra

If you find this or any other post was helpful, to make our community better please feel free to give kudos or accepting the answer as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.