Trying to dispute scam sale from Onhui Technology Co. Ltd.

PhilippaSnow
New Community Member

I bought a lamp from a Chinese company who have a legitimate-looking website that accepts PayPal payments, but go under the name of Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd. for transactions — they have just delivered me a $5 USB plugin light rather than the $30 lamp I was expecting.

The problem was, when it didn't arrive I disputed it and they gave me a tracking number. I understand now that they must have posted this cheap little light in order to have a tracking number to provide me with so I'd see a package was on its way to me and close the dispute. When I tried to raise an issue I was only given the options of "unauthorised activity." I've filed under this as I can also see there have been numerous attempts to add gift card addresses since my purchase with Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd, but I still want the refund. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Login to Me Too
145 REPLIES 145

Mikeyvirgo61
Contributor
Contributor
They are now using "Atmosp" It is a very high tech advert. I am currently in a dispute with them and am about to raise it to a PayPal dispute They are just a scam company. PayPal needs to monitor these companies and take action against them
Login to Me Too

Dimisx
Contributor
Contributor

Exact the same case with me. I ordered a monitor and laptop office stand for $30 including shipping. I received a tracking number that I could not use and after 2 months I received a cheap plastic mobile phone stand. Obviously this is a scam and not a mistake. I tried to get refund back via PayPal. Every time the deadline approaches to get the refund the seller is replying with a message to get more time. The seller replied back that they agree to give a refund only if I send back the product  with MY OWN expenses! And on top of that the address they gave me is in Chinese! I cannot even write it. My complain is with the PayPal though. Not with the seller. Onhui Technology Co. is a scam. They are making money out of it based on the legitimacy that PayPal is offering them. PayPal is the one to blame. In my opinion, for this specific seller, first of all PayPal should take the responsibility to refund the money to its customers and second to stop any transaction with this seller.

Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
To be able to do the address I copy and pasted it and sent it to my printer as I couldn't write it , I have been in contact with PayPal about my concerns about not getting my money bk after I return it and they said they have to be fair to each party so I am in the process of returning mine and hoping for the best
Login to Me Too

Dimisx
Contributor
Contributor
I will do the same and also I am translating this address from Chines to English. To put both languages. Thanks for the reply.
Login to Me Too

Helen108
Contributor
Contributor
I got paypal to translate the address to both languages for me , it cost me £12 to return it, but incase you didn't know paypal refund postage up to £15 when you return an item , I went on paypal chat and they did it for me its called return on us
Login to Me Too

Nickaleh
Contributor
Contributor

I have been scammed as well. I placed an order for furniture worth 100.00 and received 1.00 worth cheap phone stand (not something i had ordered). Tracking showed it was delivered and i had not received the furniture, that's when i realized the phone stand i had dropped via the the letterbox had same tracking number. Post office confirmed they would not have delivered furniture in any case as they only do small packets and it would have been parcel force had it been any thing larger than letterbox size packet. I have raised a claim with PayPal and awaiting refund!!

Login to Me Too

cartebleue2a
Contributor
Contributor

Puisque PayPal ne sert plus à nous protéger (et c’est en offrant ce paiement que nous avons fait confiance à ce vendeur) nous devons fermer notre compte PayPal et aussi ne plus acheter avec des publicités FACEBOOK et ne plus acheter directement en Chine. Je vais le faire et nous devrions tous le faire.

Login to Me Too

Ez12345
Contributor
Contributor
I totally agree with you, I am still waiting for resolution with PayPal, but most likely I will close my PayPal account if they protect this scammer over we that trusted in PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Davehem
I know what you mean, its taken me 4 weeks to get my money back. Pay pal need to remove them from their service
Login to Me Too

Temp20201128b
Contributor
Contributor
Yo ordene 2 articulos y llego un articulo totalmente diferente a lo que ordene y mucho más barrato, realice mi reclamación a la compañía ya que el articulo que llego no era lo que ordene me envían un número de rastreo pero era de lo que llego. Hice mi reclamación a PayPal me pidieron que lo enviara de vuelta para realizar el reembolso y les enviara la confirmación de envio y de compra , los envie y me indicaron que no los recibieron vuelvo y los envio , ahora me indicaron que fallaron a favor de la compañía ya que los documentos quevenvie no coinciden y cerraron el caso
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.