Trying to dispute scam sale from Onhui Technology Co. Ltd.

PhilippaSnow
New Community Member

I bought a lamp from a Chinese company who have a legitimate-looking website that accepts PayPal payments, but go under the name of Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd. for transactions — they have just delivered me a $5 USB plugin light rather than the $30 lamp I was expecting.

The problem was, when it didn't arrive I disputed it and they gave me a tracking number. I understand now that they must have posted this cheap little light in order to have a tracking number to provide me with so I'd see a package was on its way to me and close the dispute. When I tried to raise an issue I was only given the options of "unauthorised activity." I've filed under this as I can also see there have been numerous attempts to add gift card addresses since my purchase with Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd, but I still want the refund. Has anyone else had this issue? 

Login to Me Too
145 REPLIES 145

GC604
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly what happened to me too. What a bunch of garbage.

Login to Me Too

stellios
Contributor
Contributor

call paypall <removed>

Login to Me Too

Lauracm2020
Contributor
Contributor
Called and emailed... no proactive assistance Bunch of auto responses full of nonsense and, on the phone, ‘sorry for that, we will investigate’.... after two months I’m still waiting!!
Login to Me Too

StefIng

here the same !

also ordered shoeboxes en I got rubber 'socks'

I can sent them back on my account, I don't agree with that, so I am still waiting for my refund.

Login to Me Too

GC604
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a similar transaction with the fraud company. I order display shoe boxes and got a pair of what look like rubber socks to go over shoes. I currently have a dispute going on with Paypal. I had emailed the company directly prior to the dispute and they basically held my money and said that they'll return some but keep $8.00 usd. I disagreed and didn't believe they were going to return any money. 
The response form Onhui Technology Co,. Ltd. was that Paypal will require the return of the wrong item with a tracking code. Which they stated costs a lot of money. Therefore, I should take the offer of approx. $26.00usd. This is outrageous that this fraud is able to take place so freely. 

Paypal should ban people like this from using their services and in turn protecting us the consumer.

Login to Me Too

jcotto25
Contributor
Contributor

I just filed a complaint for the exact same thing.  I ordered 4 sets of 20 of these storage boxes and got 1 pair of rubber shoe booties as you described.  Nothing less than a full refund will be acceptable and if PayPal does not make this right that PayPal should be banned and reported as complicit in this scam.  

Login to Me Too

Lauracm2020
Contributor
Contributor
Absolutely agree So far pay pal has not been helpful and has protected this company even though it’s clear they are scamming too many people. We should you do something an be very vocal And go public! I am Seriously considering to go to the media. Their behaviour is completely unacceptable!
Login to Me Too

Being1
I have had the exact same experience with scam company Onhui Technology. I bought a table and back pack on their website: ‘zlimpressioniv.xyz’ and after months of waiting I received a cheap, lousy watch. They needed it back to refund me they said, but they want to make a deal with you that you buy the cheap watch and get partially refunded. No way. Please don’t go along with this, this is how they make their scam profits. I contacted PayPal. PayPal requires you to send back the cheap watch. Do this over the post to avoid high shipping costs!! Make a picture while you put it in the mailbox as proof of sending. After a few weeks PayPal decided to fully refund the money. Thank you. Very good deciscion. But it would be even better if PayPal could warn customers about obvious scam companies like Onhui Technology prior to a purchase. It would avoid a lot of extra hassle and disappointment.
Login to Me Too

Tasleemshabbir
Contributor
Contributor

I saw these new plastic shoe storage boxes which were being advertised on FB marketplace through a sponsored ad. I clicked on the add and then it directed me to the same website Onhui Technology Co.Ltd .    I waited well over a month and went in my paypal to find a way to contact them. I found a email address and messaged them. Waited two weeks and no reply. I the received an unexpected parcel that contained two silicone boot covers( well they looked like that ) I did not know and still dont know what they are for. No return address so could not say for sure if they sent them.

I have now opened a dispute in the hope to get the 34 dollars i spent. Not sure if I will  

Login to Me Too

Blondebabe74
Contributor
Contributor
Does anyone have the link to the website plz
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.