Trojan virus took my money from PayPal with Discord Nitro gifts

Enxzu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I'm please asking for desperate help.

A few hours ago I got scammed and someone got a trojan virus on my PC. Immediately, a lot of Discord Nitro gift receipts started popping on my PayPal and Gmail notifications. I mean, lots of unauthorized payments. Of course, the gifts weren't on my Discord gift inventory.

I've already sent a report to PayPal explaining my situation and I only got an automatized response telling me all the payments were actually authorized, what leads me to suposse the one who got the trojan used my own PC to get on my PayPal and authorize the payments.

I don't know what to do anymore. I can give any proof needed. In advance, I can clarify that the virus that my Windows Defender detected was Trojan:Win32/Glupteba!ml. I already got rid of the virus, now I just need my money back.

Thanks in advance. Any kind of help is appreciated.

photo_2021-06-12_20-04-53.jpgDiscord.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Enxzu,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry to know about the unauthorized payments on the account. The best way to get more clarification and resolve this issue is by contacting our customer service so that one of our advisors can assist you further as you have already reported the transactions on PayPal. Please contact customer service by clicking Contact us at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options.

I hope this helps.
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Enxzu,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Help Forum!

I am sorry to know about the unauthorized payments on the account. The best way to get more clarification and resolve this issue is by contacting our customer service so that one of our advisors can assist you further as you have already reported the transactions on PayPal. Please contact customer service by clicking Contact us at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options.

I hope this helps.
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.