Transaction subject to dispute but not in resolution centre

IKJones
Contributor
Contributor

I am unable to refund 2 transactions as they are subject to an open dispute, however they are not in the Resolution Centre so I have hit a wall & the customers are waiting for their money.

Thank you,

Ian

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Natasha

Hi @IKJones

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I am sorry to hear you've been unable to issue two refunds. I am sure this is frustrating and unexpected. Here is how to issue a refund for a PayPal dispute. If the case is not showing under open cases, not to worry. Here is how to issue a refund without a Resolution Center case. If neither of the steps provided work, please make sure you are not trying to refund a friends & family payment. As those type of payments cannot be refunded. Rather, a new payment can be sent, if that is the case. I hope this helps further. 

-Natasha
Login to Me Too

IKJones
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Natasha,

I don't believe your advice would have worked as I was prevented from issuing the refund via the transaction - disputed - & could not issue via resolution centre either as the transaction wasn't listed there, so I was going in circles.

Nonetheless after reporting the problem via feedback - several times - the dispute was lifted & I was able to refund it.

Thank you,

Ian

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.