Transaction Help

Punpun9029
Contributor
Contributor
So I bought something on facebook but looked through the pictures again and realized there was something missing that was in the listing. The items weren’t shipped or anything so i asked for a refund. Instead of sending refund through the original payment, they sent it through as another transaction. He put in the notes of the new transaction “refund” so i assume it will be fine, but I just want to know if anything can go wrong from this. Such as a scam or anything of that nature
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dian

Hey @Punpun9029

Thanks for asking your question in our Community and welcome :). 

I understand that a seller send you a payment instead of a refund and you want to know what the risks are. 

It is always better to receive a refund instead of a payment. When you receive a payment there will be fees deducted. This can mean that you get less money back as what you send in your original transaction. When you receive a payment the sender does have 180 days to open a claim for that payment. So there is a risk that they can do this. You have the same option to open a claim for your original payment. These would be the main 2 differences. 

The best way is a refund. If a claim would be filed, you can always contact us and we will do what we can to help and assist you in resolving this. You can also reach out to the buyer by email to find a solution for this if you are concerned. 

I hope this information helps. 

Dian 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.