This is the second time my paypal account got permanently limited !

nadirismael
Contributor
Contributor

Hello , After my account got permanently limited on the 10th of october , And i raised a complaint Through Resolver , Paypal got back to me and said it was an accident and resolved the issue ! Or that's what i thought !

Now after i started using my paypal account for the first time , they asked for proof of fulfilment and proof of purchase from your supplier ,

I got in touch with customer service to explain that  my line of work doesn't need a supplier ! Am a music producer and a sound engineer and all my deliveries are digital and in real life ! I Produce music and Mix and Master songs to artists and i only deliver through USB hard drives or flash disks ! So how am i suppose to prove that i fulfilled the delivery and how am i suppose to prove purchase from supplier when i don't even need a supplier !

So after all that my paypal account got permanently limited for the second time !

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nadirismael 

Create a Word Doc or pdf explaining why you do not have the requested information. Once you have created this, you should be able to upload it to resolve this step. It is not guaranteed that it will be accepted, but providing this will allow the step to be resolved and once all steps have been completed, the account will move into review.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nadirismael
Contributor
Contributor

I can't upload anything because my paypal got permanently limited a second time ! 

when i talked to customer services he told me that it ok and i don't have nothing to worry about but when i uploaded my ID and i didn't provide the other documents i got permanently limited ! 

I have a copy of the misleading conversation with him !  

Login to Me Too

nadirismael
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm the PayPal Assistant. How can I help? Choose one of these options or add your question below.
1:05 PM
- PayPal Assistant
Customer service
Would you like to send this conversation to a customer support agent? We typically respond within a few hours.
- PayPal Assistant
Yes
If you haven't already, let us know why you're contacting us. Feel free to step away and we'll notify you by email or push notification when we've responded.
- PayPal Assistant
Hello , i need help resolving my account limitation !
Am a music producer and a sound engineer , I only sell services in real life ( Making music to clients , Mixing , Mastering ) so i don't have a supplier .
About these transactions : ************* And ***********, I mixed two of my client's songs and the second transaction i made a beat for someone !
and this is my DL
1:17 PM
Your file has been uploaded.
IMG_20221104_032483.JPG / 0.18
Please resolve this issue as soon as possible , because it's really frustrating .
1:18 PM
KN
Hi Omar! My name is Kevin, Thank you for contacting PayPal Messaging! I understand you are referring/ concerned about the temporary limitation in your account. However, you have nothing to be worried about.
Here in PayPal we regularly review our customers’ details and their activity while using the PayPal accounts to guarantee that everything is compliant and safe for both the customers and PayPal itself.
As a seller, we appreciate your business and we want to make sure that everything is going well for you and your buyers and also to ensure that the business is in accordance with AUP policy. In order to do so we might need to require some documents such as proof of shipment, ID proof, invoices along with some information in relation to your Business and your activity on the account.
The same way the traditional banks and financial institutions do with their customers. Because we are a Bank online and we do not meet our customers in person, sometimes, we need to require additional information to verify you're identity. All is done in the good intention of protecting you and make your experience with us great according to our User Agreement. Omar.
3:48 PM
- Kevin
Hey Kevin,the problem is my type of business doesn't need any shipment or invoicing ! Am music producer ! i don't sell goods . i only sell services like mixing and mastering Music .
and i provided my ID right above .
i couldn't provide it through the form because i got this error : "The file must be a JPEG, GIF, PNG or PDF."
3:53 PM
I understand, Omar and that is absolutely fine. I have attached all the information along with your ID to the case and have processed the same for the back office review, They will verify the information provided and will get back to you with an update via email within the next 48 to 72 hours tops.
Appreciate your patience and cooperation, Omar.
3:54 PM
Ok thank you . and am trying to understand why i got limited almost 4 times in the same month !
that's much !
i don't have any disputes or chargebacks ! i provided all my information ! i added a bank account and a credit card .
I even got permanently limited for no reason and Paypal said it was an accident .
3:57 PM
KN
I understand that, Omar and sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this is causing. I have passed on this feedback to the back end team so that they will ensure that the limitations as such are to a minimum.
3:58 PM
- Kevin
My question is how many other limitations does it take to let me use my account in peace without being limited 3 to 4 times a month .
Thank you Kevin .
So now i can't get paid up to 72 hours !
i don't trust your verification system anymore . Because the last time i got limited and you asked me for proof of fulfilment when i didn't even start to accept payment my account got permanently limited . Am afraid this is going to happen another time .
Am waiting for this issue to be resolved . And am taking my money out and closing the account .
You are losing customers here and i think you really don't care.
And beside all of these problems , I can't even use my account to send money or do any type of transaction without having message errors all over .
4:09 PM

and i don't understand the last time i got limited and i talked to one of your customer services rep fixed the issue instantly and now you are telling me to wait up to 72 hours .
i don't understand how a multi million dollar company have all this issues and inconsistencies .
4:15 PM
KN
I absolutely understand your concern here, Omar and I would be disappointed and frustrated the same way if I was in your place, specially having these restrictions from time to time. Please be informed that your account is new with us, Omar and since you have a business account, we are trying to understand the nature of your business in accordance to our user agreement and the AUP policy.
Omar, we have regular audits conducted by the UK regulatory government and to safe guard our customers funds and their business, these limitations and restrictions are very crucial to run our business and very important to us.
4:20 PM
- Kevin
KN
However, I absolutely understand the inconvenience this is causing your business, Omar but please bear with us, once you establish a good selling history with PayPal and based on your sales, these limitations will be at a minimum and I can assure that.
Your cooperation will indeed help us to grow your business with PayPal. We very much value you as a customer and would like you to reconsider closing your account with us.
4:22 PM
- Kevin
KN
As I mentioned earlier, I have already passed on this feedback to our back end and we will ensure to provide the best experience in your future journey with us. Omar
4:23 PM
- Kevin
I told you the nature of my business , and i already submitted all the information about it . But the kind of business i have is impossible to provide proofs of fulfilment or purchase , because i don't sell any goods i only sell my time and knowledge ! How am i suppose to provide proof of purchase for my knowledge ??
Am a music producer for god's sake , I only do in real life services , my clients are all friends or acquaintances . I do mixing and mastering of amateur music to people that i know .
4:28 PM

KN
Omar, that is absolutely fine if you do not have the proof of shipments or the invoices, the system is just designed in such a way that by default, requests for these information for all sellers how has a business PayPal account. Since you mentioned that you are music producer, that is all we require at the moment. as I mentioned earlier, I have already provided all these information that you provided and have sent the case over to the back office for further review. Now, they will verify the information and will get back to you with an update.
4:30 PM
- Kevin
how am i suppose to provide a proof of what kind of supplier am working with ! Am not selling any actual goods . I don't need a supplier .
4:30 PM
KN
If they require anything additional from your end, they will notify you via email, Omar. For now, its good and no actions or information is required from your end.
4:31 PM
- Kevin
KN
Yes, I understand that, Omar, not to worry, I have mentioned all this on the case and sent the case for further review.
4:32 PM
- Kevin
Ok we will see .
4:32 PM
KN
Appreciate your patience. Will keep this conversation on hold and if you require any further assistance, you can reply back to the same conversation.
4:33 PM
- Kevin
KN
Have a great weekend, Omar.
4:33 PM
- Kevin
So what about the errors i get when trying to send money
or purchase something online ?
"We're sorry, we weren't able to complete your payment right now. Please try again later. If you continue to encounter problems, please contact Customer Service."
each and every time since i created my account .
as you can see i don't have any successful outgoing transaction .
4:34 PM
KN
Since the limitation is placed in your account at the moment, you are not able to process any payments. Not to worry, once its lifted, you can proceed to send payments from your PayPal. Please extend your patience with us.
4:55 PM
- Kevin
am not talking about now !
I told you "since i opened the account"
I don't think you are reading my messages clearly !
5:01 PM
KN
It can be possible that the that particular payment may have high risks, Omar. In such cases, the payment will be declined.
Many factors are taken into consideration when making this decision by the internal security system, including, but not limited to the source of funds, the amount, the seller, the item, the website, compliance and government regulatory reasons as well.
The system does not provide any specific reason or code to us. And even if it provides this information, this cannot be shared as it is not a public information and might compromise the security of your account, once shared. Please note this is same process followed by every financial institution including your bank and card issuer.
5:01 PM
- Kevin
KN
I am reading your messages, Omar and I am here to answer all your questions. Happy to help.
5:02 PM
- Kevin
So now , I have an account that i cannot use because of an issue that you can't solve D hahahahaha that's really promising !!
and it's not a particular payment ! It's all the payments !
5:04 PM
KN
I never said that, Omar. All I asked is for you to wait for 48 to 72 hours for the back end team to get back to you for the information that you have provided.
- Kevin
am not talking about the limitation man !
KN
I understood that, Omar.
5:05 PM
- Kevin
even after the limitations got lifted last times ! this problem persisted so don't tell me that this time is different .
5:06 PM
KN
If the payment is failing or declining, that simply means it has high risks. Maybe in your case, all those payments that you were trying to process had high risks due to which it failed.
5:06 PM
- Kevin
and yes you said it can't be solved : "The system does not provide any specific reason or code to us. And even if it provides this information, this cannot be shared as it is not a public information and might compromise the security of your account, once shared. Please note this is same process followed by every financial institution including your bank and card issuer. "
if the system can't provide you any specific reason so you can't solve the problem !
5:07 PM
KN
Yes, that is correct, Omar.
5:07 PM
- Kevin
What high risk does WISETRANSFER have? Ok , What high risk does all the poeple i try to send money have ?
5:08 PM
KN
I cannot provide you the exact reason as you are already aware. Omar.
5:09 PM
- Kevin
you want to tell me that everybody am trying to send money to or every company that am trying to purchase of is high risk !
If you cannot provide a reason so it cannot be solved !
5:10 PM
KN
Yes and also, certain payments will be declined by the card issuer as well.
- Kevin
KN
Yes, declined payments cannot be overridden.
- Kevin
So logically you said that i have an account that i cannot use to send money to nobody !
Thank you for making my decision of leaving paypal more clear !
5:12 PM
KN
As I mentioned, Omar, if the payment was declined that simply means it had risks or else, the system will process those payments.
5:12 PM
- Kevin
and i am talking about all the payments each and every transaction, not one or two !
you want to convince me that all the payment that i tried to do are high risk ! That can't be true !
5:14 PM
KN
If you face those issues again in the future once the limitation is resolved, please get back to us and we will assist you further on the same.
5:14 PM
- Kevin
KN
Now, I am sorry, I cannot help you for those payments which failed earlier.
5:15 PM
- Kevin
KN
If there is a trend as such that all the payments in your account are getting declined, we will file a ticket with our technical team to get this resolved for you.
5:15 PM
- Kevin
So is there a solution or not ! this is my question ! you are just not give me one single answer ! IT's a YES or NO question ! Making each answer vague is not a good strategy for a Company like Paypal !
i need a swift and exact answer ! Either , Yes there is a solution to your problem or No there is not !
5:18 PM
KN
Declined payments cannot be completed, Omar. But, if you face further declined future payments using your PayPal we will look further into the same.
- Kevin
Giving me the same answers man !
Just vague answers !
KN
I can transfer this conversation a supervisor if you need more explanation? Shall I ?
5:19 PM
- Kevin
i don't need explanations ! I need solutions !
that's your job
to give the customers solutions to their problems not answer and explanations
5:20 PM
KN
I already gave you the explanation and if you are not happy or satisfied, I will transfer this conversation to a supervisor.
5:20 PM
- Kevin
just dodging my questions with vague answers is not a good strategy and it does not give confidence and legitimacy to a company like Paypal
is this supposed supervisor going to give me answer or solutions ?
and i think even this question doesn't have an answer !

This is the last conversation with customer services and they told me to not worry and the problem will be resolved ! but i think you are just lying to customers and limiting their accounts for no reason 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nadirismael 

Wow surprised he stayed online with you that long as you were so rude.

Also he is in a call centre, he doesn't make any decisions, all he does is pass on your information to the review team.

He said it would be resolved, he did NOT say you would get your account back that would be up to the review team.

Also he explained why you could not use your account at the moment in a perfectly reasonable way.

Paypal has to risk assess all accounts / transactions in the event of chargebacks especially for virtual / digital content.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kinggrind
New Community Member
I’m going through the same thing with them so what I did was I filled a complaint with better business bureau
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.