This Proof of delivery case will blow your mind

shashkum78
Contributor
Contributor

I run a small software development consultancy firm and use Paypal to invoice my customers which are businesses and have PayPal business account. In my last project I was working with manager of co say ABC Pvt Ltd with email id [removed]. I used to share monthly PayPal links with her and receive email from PayPal saying payment sent by "ABC Pvt Ltd" (stay with me this piece is relevant to this case😐). Finally the project got completed and I handed over final code to manager and got her sign off from her email [removed]  and went on with my life. 3 months later i get 5 disputes from the company to refund entire payments across 5 invoices for "Item not received" . shockingly my proof of delivery i.e. email confirmation from [removed]  is marked invalid by the claims team because they said claimant (business) email is [removed] (i am not joking!😳) also their contact email on Paypal business account is [removed]  🤡and these emails don't match with [removed]  who has accepted the code. PayPal went ahead and refunded entire payment to buyer within hours of opening appeals (which is a case study for high-class productivity in itself) .Apparently , I have exhausted all my options to reach PayPal as once their appeal process is closed even gods refuse to help.😵 I am in shock with sheer absurdity of the process PayPal followed in this case. Of all WT* moments in life this tops by far.😱

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shashkum78 

You need to read up on paypals seller protection policy for the proofs they will accept for virtual / digital items.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shashkum78
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks  for asking, I have read seller protection and that's why I want to understand it from experts like yourself ! How can signature/email of an employee match with their PayPal business account email ? For valid proof of delivery PayPal is asking email match , who would be employee named Mr hello and worst abcATgmail which are their current PayPal business account emails. I can only work with employees not their ghost ids or personal ids for proof of delivery to a business. 🤔

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shashkum78 

https://www.paypal.com/ke/webapps/mpp/ua/seller-protection

For the sale of intangible goods and services to be eligible for PayPal’s Seller Protection, the sale must meet the basic requirements and the following additional requirements:

• Integration requirements:
    • Where you have integrated a PayPal checkout product, you must be using the current version of that product if you are accepting payments directly via a website or mobile optimized website; or
    • Ensure you are passing session information to PayPal at checkout if you are integrated with PayPal via a third-party or if you have a native app integration.
    • Other integration requirements may apply depending on your business model. We will let you know those requirements ahead of time, if needed.
  • PayPal has marked the intangible good transaction as “eligible” in the Transaction Details page or otherwise provided notice to you of eligibility in writing.
  • Delivered the item and provide Proof of shipment or delivery for Intangible Goods.

Intangible Goods

The following is required as proof of shipment or delivery for intangible goods:

For intangible or digital goods, proof of shipment or delivery means compelling evidence to show the item was delivered or the purchase order was fulfilled. Compelling evidence could include a system of record showing the date the item was sent and that it was either:

• Electronically sent to the recipient, including the recipient’s address (email, IP, etc.), where applicable; or
  • Received or accessed by the recipient

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shashkum78
Contributor
Contributor

I have the poof of delivery as mentioned in the intangible goods (highlighted) . My client who is an employee has confirmed from her official email id that she has received the code delivery. PayPal has rejected the proof saying employee email id is different from email id's displayed on company's PayPal business accounts which are ' helloATxyz 'and 'xyzATgmail' !

Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 9.54.42 PM.png

Login to Me Too

shashkum78
Contributor
Contributor

I have a proof of delivery email confirmation from buyer's company manager that she has got the CODE DELIVERY in her account. Manager's email fulfill all the criteria for 'proof of delivery for intangible goods' as required by PayPal. However, PayPal has still closed appeal in buyer's (CE0) favor saying buyer email in PayPal is different from her manager email and hence proof of delivery is invalid. There are only 2 plausible reasons buyer can win this case under "item not received " category in PayPal-

1) Employees are not authorized to solicit work or provide proof of delivery using their company name.

2) Employees can receive the delivery but not obliged to share with their CEO .

How can company CEO (buyer) contest and win the claim under "Item not received " in PayPal when her own employee has provided proof of delivery?

what is happening here .. is this standard practice by PayPal scammer buyer to refute delivery to their employees and get entire money refunded by PayPal ? Please share your thoughts .. I need your help!!   @kernowlass [removed]

Login to Me Too

shashkum78
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @kernowlass I noticed that PayPal has marked the intangible goods transaction as "eligible" in transaction details page.Please let me know what difference does it make a difference to me as a seller ?Thank you for your help

Login to Me Too

VMAC2
Contributor
Contributor

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  I did not have the same issue but once the company gets an email from the BBB, they act quickly as they do not want anything negative said against them. 

Login to Me Too

shashkum78
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I raised a request with BBB, Twitter handle and FB page and received the same scripted response -We have looked at your case and proof of delivery you have given is invalid with no other justification . This is in response to my query - "Why" is PayPal unilaterally saying the proof of delivery email I received from buyer's own employee is invalid  without any further proof? I am not sure if these channels serve any purpose except checking a box from their SLA.😫 Absurd thing is this buyer started her case with words " no longer able to " under 'item not received ' category and PayPal still awarded her the claim and full refund of 2500+ USD 150 days after receiving the complete code delivery . PayPal has even refunded to the buyer the tool license charges paid after they had already consumed the subscription😵

Login to Me Too

VMAC2
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I would continue to file a complaint with the BBB about Paypal.  Something is not right and it could be that they are working together with the buyer.  Do you have any email correspondence from the buyer or Paypal? Attach it to your complaint.  Please let me know what you make out.  All the best.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.