TM Alert send through Mobile Phone of Pay Pal use.

Golfgirl63
New Community Member

Hi I just received a phone message saying that I have had a $1500 purchase through PayPal. have just looked at my account and thankfully it appears that is not the case. The phone message came from <removed>, they want me to contact them on <removed>  if the transaction is not correct.... I am not responding the the message, Has anyone else seen these types of messages?  Im sure it bogus, so just want to put it out there people are trying to access your accounts in other ways.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Costalot1
New Community Member

We received a similar message saying we had been sent a payment of $1399.99AUD and if it's not done by us Call on: <Removed> for Dispute Thank you!!   Obviously we have not contacted this number but wish to advise others that this has to be a scam.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Golfgirl63 and @Costalot1,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

I understand your concern regarding the text message that you have received. In this case, I would recommend you log in to your PayPal account to see if there are any unauthorized transactions on the account. If there are any, please report them by following the details in this article. If not, kindly forward the email to spoof@paypal.com

I hope this helps.

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.