Suspicious email and blocked money

Toto_taboret
Contributor
Contributor

I recieved from PayPal [removed] these two emails. 

I am worried that this is a scam, on top of that I chatted with this client through Instagram, so I cannot trust her... But it does say, that if I don't pay 150$ her back, there will be law consequence.

I did not receive any money, the email adress is suspicious, I'm worried sick, please help me...

Zrzut ekranu 2023-05-31 082207.jpgZrzut ekranu 2023-05-31 081925.jpg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hi @Toto_taboret!

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and Thank you for contacting PayPal!

I understand that you are worried about the notification that you have received. To verify if the message you received is really from PayPal, log in to your PayPal account securely by typing www.paypal.com into your browser's address bar and going to your Resolution Center. Your Resolution Center will contain information on any account issues we may have contacted you about.

If you receive a suspicious email, text message, or call, do not provide your personal or financial information, and do not click on any links, please forward them to phishing@paypal.com. If you provided personal, or financial information or clicked on any links, please change your PayPal password and security questions at your earliest convenience. You may want to first run a virus scan, just to make sure that you didn't pick something up from clicking any links. You can also read more about how to spot fake emails in this link.

If you have received  funds, please check the activity page for payment details. Please be advised that to receive money you should just share the email address and have your email address confirmed. You don't have to pay any amount to the sender to receive payments.

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hi @Toto_taboret!

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and Thank you for contacting PayPal!

I understand that you are worried about the notification that you have received. To verify if the message you received is really from PayPal, log in to your PayPal account securely by typing www.paypal.com into your browser's address bar and going to your Resolution Center. Your Resolution Center will contain information on any account issues we may have contacted you about.

If you receive a suspicious email, text message, or call, do not provide your personal or financial information, and do not click on any links, please forward them to phishing@paypal.com. If you provided personal, or financial information or clicked on any links, please change your PayPal password and security questions at your earliest convenience. You may want to first run a virus scan, just to make sure that you didn't pick something up from clicking any links. You can also read more about how to spot fake emails in this link.

If you have received  funds, please check the activity page for payment details. Please be advised that to receive money you should just share the email address and have your email address confirmed. You don't have to pay any amount to the sender to receive payments.

Regards,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Toto_taboret
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! There was nothing in my Resolution center so I reported this email
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.