Suspicious Activity = Blocked Account - How to unblock fast?

AndrewDrake12
New Community Member

Hey!

So I woke up to a message saying suspicious activity was detected and I would have to update my security info (which i did) and upload a picture of a document that has my credentials on it.
I don't feel comfortable posting such a photo to anyone really & I need my account unblocked asap.

I wrote customer service in the chat function at 4:30 but still haven't received any response.

Is there any way to do this quick? All the transactions on my account are indeed made by myself and there is nothing out of the ordinary.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AndrewDrake12 

Please confirm the message was IN your paypal account after you logged in and the information you uploaded was done ON paypals site and not in a possibly scam email?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jwayne61
Contributor
Contributor
Exact same thing happened to me. I own an Auto Detail Shop and was using Zettle. They claim that they noticed possible fraudulent activity. Are withholding my funds and permanently closing my account. I sent my DL and My Federal Tax ID#. Cannot get a Supervisor for an explanation. Had all my in person payments going through Zettle, any suggestions?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thank you for visiting our Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some suspicious activity recently. I can certainly understand how concerning receiving a notification like this can be. 

@AndrewDrake12, like @kernowlass mentioned, it's important to determine if this was PayPal or not. Here's an article I recommend reviewing on How to spot a fake, fraudulent, or phishing email or site. You may also just want to log into your PayPal account, visit your Resolution Center, and check if there are any actions there which require attention. If there are not any limitations or action items in your Resolution Center, then you should be OK and that email you've received is most likely a phishing attempt. 

@Jwayne61, this may also be a phishing attempt, but you should be able to determine the legitimacy of this issue by visiting the Resolution Center as well. If it is a legitimate limitation, I can say there may be a few different reasons as to why an account can become limited. However, permanent limitations are normally the result of an Acceptable Use Policy violation present. Our Customer Support is there to assist if needed as well. They can be reached by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Good luck to you both! 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.