Sudden Unauthorized Currency Conversion in Activity (No Purchases)

Alexandra_L
Contributor
Contributor

Checked my wallet to today to find that I was suddenly in the negative by about $4. I checked the activity, and all it has was:

USD to AUD

$1.61

7 Apr
Currency conversion
To Australian dollars

What am I supposed to do? I didn't purchase anything, nor did I ask for this conversion. I'm not subscribed to anything. Silly as it sounds, I don't -have- four dollars I can just pay. Why did it suddenly convert my currency, and how can I fix it?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Marissa

Hi @Alexandra_L

Thank you for posting and welcome to the PayPal Community. I am sorry to hear you have an unauthorized transaction in your account. I know this can be alarming. You can report this transaction as Unauthorized Activity through your Resolution Center by following these steps. If you encounter any issues reporting this transaction, please reach out to our Customer Support for additional assistance. I hope this issue gets resolved soon!

-Marissa

Login to Me Too

Alexandra_L
Contributor
Contributor

That's the thing, there was no transaction, let alone one I can dispute.

Paypal just exchanged my currency unprompted, and put me in the negative. I can't figure out why.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.