Stranger sent me money but I can't refund the money via paypal. What should I do?

mansface
New Community Member

Hello.

This actually happened a long time ago in 2019. A stranger sent me some money out of nowhere. I thought it was a scam so I reported scam to paypal. Later i realized this person actually did sent me the money, and I couldn't refund the money for some reason (didn't see that button to refund). So I just left it there since I didn't use paypal that much. Recently some of my friends sent me money on paypal and I saw that old transaction is still there from the stranger, I just want to get rid of that money from my account. I tried to open a report with Paypal on that transaction but I kept run into errors. 

The transaction had the sender's email, but I didn't feel comfortable reaching out to them. Any suggestion here?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mansface 

If you have their paypal email address then send them a friends/family payment to that email address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.