Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Marlav1
Contributor
Contributor

I received this Bubble Cleaner order 16 March, 2021. This order was placed on 17 February, the same day I placed an order from Gadgets Group for a High Pressure Washer. The high pressure washer cost $34.93. The Bubble Cleaner cost $35.93. That is a Red Flag, awfully suspicious. Same day, but with $1.00 difference, another Red Flag.  From a company with different names - Littleplayland Limited, Whistland, Storm Media Limited- another Red Flag. I never heard of these companies and have no use for these two tiny bottles of "Bubble Cleaner". I was completely scammed and these companies should be blocked by Paypal. I will try to have the charge reversed by my bank tomorrow but I don't believe I will be successful in that effort. Whats to prevent these sammers from making multiple unauthorized purchases for items never ordered?

Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
Hey Marlav1. While I would encourage you to also dispute the charge with your bank, I would also submit another complaint with PayPal telling them your original dispute should be reconsidered now that you have new information regarding the Better Business Bureau’s multiple complaints, consumer warning and “F” rating for Storm Media (the parent company.) In addition, you can refer them to this thread where there are dozens of complaints directly from PayPal customers. Bottom line is, don’t give up.
Login to Me Too

Marlav1
Contributor
Contributor
I will take your advice and continue to push this issue for some kind of satisfactory resolution. Thanks.
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
I just did a quick search for Littleplayland LTD and they also have complaints through BBB as well as 250 complaints through TrustPilot. It’s a pain to do, but search them up & screenshot everything to submit as evidence to PayPal & your bank. This scam company gets away with it because the charges are usually under $50 and most people just write-off the loss. PayPal protects Storm Media (and all their dozens of sub-companies) by ignoring the loopholes being exploited by them & by siding with their “bigger” customer.
Login to Me Too

Kongchiyangster
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I got charge just like this too is there any way to get my money back?
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
If you were charged for a purchase you didn’t authorize, then contact PayPal customer support. Keep screenshots of all your information. Google Storm Media and take screenshots of the Better Business Bureau’s page of complaints and consumer warnings. This thread of reports & complaints here is all done by the customers, not by any PayPal representatives, but if you need additional help, post the details and I will help you however I can. Bottom line is not to give up until you get your money back.
Login to Me Too

Jood1
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.  I have 4 charges and have NO IDEA what they are for???

Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
Hey Jood1 - this seems to be happening more frequently. If you haven’t already contacted PayPal (if that’s what you were charged through) or your bank, you should do that right away. If you have any further details and are comfortable posting them here (nothing identifying like name or bank name or anything like that) then I’ll do whatever I can to assist you. My goal is to try and make sure no one else gets ripped off like I was 3 years ago.
Login to Me Too

Sher185
Yes today 04 01 2021 for 31.00
Login to Me Too

losdude
Contributor
Contributor

I am appalled that this company is still allowed to do business at all on PayPal.  This company has swindled me out of money through a new technique they're calling "Leaving a TIP".  WHY would I "leave a tip" on a purchase?  I NEVER agreed to that.  When I asked for my money back, they said, "Absolutely not".

If you purchase from these guys (AKA Bavinche.com), COUNT on getting swindled.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.