Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Dnique1996
New Community Member
Hi, I purchased two items from this company 2 months ago and have yet to receive the items. I’ve contacted them multiple times with no reply. I believe they are fraudulent.
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
Hey Dnique1996 - Have you reported the issue to PayPal? It’s difficult right now because shipping companies are all having COVID-19 related delays, but I recommend contacting PayPal now anyway, just to see if they can give you tracking information. Let us know how it goes if you can. Good luck!
Login to Me Too

Aac923
New Community Member
I just disputed the charge for a waist trainer I ordered over a month ago. This company is a complete scam. Wish I would of known before I paid for an item I will never receive. They have an F rating with the BBB. I hope PayPal honors my dispute and I get a refund. This is so sad and so many other people are being scammed by this company.
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
I hope you get a refund too. If you end up having your case closed (like the majority of us on this thread) don’t give up. Document everything, screenshot everything, including the BBB report. If you end up not getting your money back, Post here and I will do whatever I can to walk you through what to do next. Don’t give up if your case is closed, it doesn’t mean you can’t appeal. Good Luck.
Login to Me Too

eejay1973
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot believe that nothing at all is being done about this fraudulent company. This thread goes back to April 2018 and has around 150 pages of complaints and PayPal still allow them to carry on ripping customers off. PayPal should be ashamed of themselves. Imagine if all of us as customers stopped using PayPal. It would hit them right in the pocket, especially if everyone we know that uses it stopped too. Storm media must be giving them a massive amount of money otherwise they would have done something about them by now. Absolutely shocking!!!!!

Login to Me Too

marycayb
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered "ice" socks from them.  They provided a tracking number that the USPS shows has not yet been received by them since June.  I have filed a dispute with Pay Pay for a refund.

Login to Me Too

everettroom
Contributor
Contributor

I have to report that the merchandise I ordered many months ago from Storm Media in China arrived in the mail yesterday.  After three months of no delivery, I disputed it with my bank and lost.  I’ve been sending them nasty emails.  I don’t know if that worked or if it took 6 months to ship from China.  

Login to Me Too

viteola
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Assistant

7:32 AM

Please send us a detailed message below and an agent will respond as soon as possible. If you have a related transaction ID, date, and amount, please include it here.

PayPal Assistant

Please send us a detailed message below and an agent will respond as soon as possible. If you have a related transaction ID, date, and amount, please include it here.

rachel <removed>

This is what I saw on this company Charge Information Merchant Storm Media Limited Website https://www.sheswish.com

Category Never received product Description Anti-cellulite slim compression legging The credit card or debit card charge STORM MEDIA LIMITED was first spotted on October 01, 2017. This charge has been reported as trusted by 74 users, 427 users marked the credit card charge as suspicious. ----- 

This conversation has been closed.

I am having the same problem. What is paypal doing about it. 

This is what I saw on this company Charge Information Merchant Storm Media Limited Website https://www.sheswish.com/ Phone Numbe[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]Category Never received product Description Anti-cellulite slim compression legging The credit card or debit card charge STORM MEDIA LIMITED was first spotted on October 01, 2017. This charge has been reported as trusted by 74 users, 427 users marked the credit card charge as suspicious. -----  Subject: paypal rachel <removed> 7:15 AM What is this? It came from my checking account but it is not in my paypal JUL 13 STORM MEDIA LIMITED IAT PAYPAL RACHEL <removed> $22.96

This conversation has been closed.

Login to Me Too

leegarewal
This is sad to hear as I use PayPal to protect myself from these kind of problems.
Login to Me Too

ccrn59
Contributor
Contributor

I too fell prey to this company. Took over 2 months to get item with tracking numbers that never worked and numerous emails that went unanswered. Then I received the completely wrong item. All my emails to Storm Media went unanswered so I opened a case with PayPal and it took over 2 months to tell me I’ll get a full refund of 18.96 after I return the item to China at MY COST! Can you believe it, how much will it cost to return to China. No return label, PayPal stated they can’t force them to send a pre-paid label. Sometimes you learn the hard way, never again!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.