Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
If your bank didn’t help you, have you tried claiming through PayPal? Or did you pay directly? Since you are in the US google the better business bureau. They have a huge file of complaints for Storm Media and may be able to help you.
Login to Me Too

Hritzay
I ordered human size balloons in April for $28.00. I have yet to receive them. They took the transition money very quickly.
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
Have you reported the problem to PayPal? Take screenshots of everything & keep all documentation. If you haven’t yet, report the items as missing (this option should be available when you bring up your account activity.) There’s a likelihood that Storm Media will reply with some fake delivery confirmation. If that happens, update here & Ill help you with the next steps in the complaint process. Having been totally **bleep** by Storm Media, I’d help anyone to get their money back. My tiny little bit of justice. 🙂
Login to Me Too

aradhya1234
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is not even allowing me to open a dispute for not receiving the items. This is a total fraud.

Login to Me Too

PoshPaula73
New Community Member
I'm having the same problem. PayPal should block all charges from this company!
Login to Me Too

aradhya1234
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone filing a class action lawsuit. The smileyhomey people are also the same. They are known for scamming people through paypal.

Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
Are you based in the USA? If so, search the Better Business Bureau for more information. They may have tips/advice for a class action suit. I’m in Canada so not sure if I’d be eligible to participate as a claimant. In the meantime, just keep reporting Storm Media and their sub-companies to PayPal. They can’t give us any direct information but they swear up & down they are investigating. The problem is that Storm Media has perfected their use of PayPal’s policies and loopholes. I sent the product back but Storm Media denied receiving it, which left me out additional money in return shipping. I’m glad i didn’t pay the $40 for the highest level of shipping. So stupid for a $25 product and so incredibly frustrating.
Login to Me Too

everettroom
Contributor
Contributor
I was robbed for over $60 buying bras from a Facebook ad. I disputed the charges with my bank and was denied. They said I authorized the payment. Of course I did, not knowing I was giving away my money to thieving scammers. They wouldn’t reverse the charges just because I got scammed. Not their problem. Something has to be done to stop them from further fraud.
Login to Me Too

Cmlinkletter
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed. I’m sorry for your experience. Did you go through PayPal or just your bank? If you’re in the USA then google Storm Media and The Better Business Bureau. You may be able to get help from the BBB as they have a huge file on Storm Media and their bajillion other sub-company names. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

Baptistcac
I received this message this morning while I was checking my Payments/checking checking/payroll amounts. I do not recall this company and I don't want to go thru another situation. Please check this out...Cardpnm MGM
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.