Steam card

Mzbreeze
New Community Member

Somebody sent me an email saying they sent $1000 but i have to purchase a $50 steam wallet card for verification purposes how true is this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mzbreeze 

No truth to it at all, if you do not actually see this $1000 payment transaction in your PayPal account as we speak. PayPal does not ask you to buy gift cards to show your payment in your account, nor do they ask you to pay a third party with a third party payment processor or provide tracking number first.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mzbreeze 

No truth to it at all, if you do not actually see this $1000 payment transaction in your PayPal account as we speak. PayPal does not ask you to buy gift cards to show your payment in your account, nor do they ask you to pay a third party with a third party payment processor or provide tracking number first.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Mctaggartapril1
New Community Member
I have a man trying to make me buy one for a payment?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @Mctaggartapril1,

Welcome to our community! To address your concern, I can say that if anyone is requesting that you purchase a gift card in order to receive a payment, they are not a legitimate buyer. I would highly encourage you to move forward with a different buyer if possible, If needed, you can also find some information on suspicious emails here

I hope this helps!

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

BVandenberg
New Community Member
I’ve been going back and forth with the same problem. The person who bought my personal device won’t accept my request for payment until I purchase the card. That was not mentioned by him as needed until my device had shipped. I’ve put all information together and sent into PayPals recommended security solution but no response yet.
Login to Me Too

LoloSmashing1
Contributor
Contributor
Me too! He wants to send me $5000.00 but wants me to purchase a Stream card for $100 first... Says he's a business man and runs a business account so he links up all his accounts with his steam account so before making the payment to me, I have to get the card to active the payment... I'm thinking it's a scam.... Lol If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
Login to Me Too

vedachat
I have faced the same problem, either buy 100 usd bitcoins or 100 usd steam card
Login to Me Too

Mollyrcn
Legit just happened to me! I caught him out early and blocked him.
Login to Me Too

Jessicalg321
I am having the exact same issue. A man (apparently Sugar daddy) wants to send me £5000 on PayPal but in order to receive it 100% as it ‘pending’ I need to buy a $100 or $50 Razor Gold Card….
Login to Me Too

Marilynfan01
Contributor
Contributor
What's his name I think this person is trying to scam me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.