Steam Card necessary to receive payment?

LaChatte1
New Community Member

Hey guy,

I have a question. Someone wants to send me around 2000$ to my PayPal account and told me this:

"my google account deposit so a steam card is needed to activate your PayPal account on my google account deposit so you can receive your payment immediately"

I don't think this it how it works...? He justified it by saying, if I send him a code, the transaction will be safe and his money can't be stolen. Idk, this seems very sus to me.

Please tell meWhatsApp Image 2022-01-24 at 15.00.31.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-01-24 at 15.09.01.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-01-24 at 15.14.39.jpeg

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LaChatte1 

Absolutely NOT! It’s a scam. If you do not see payment in your account, you have not been paid. PayPal does not require you to buy a gift card and provide the card’s access code in order to receive your money. Oldest scam in the book.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LaChatte1 

Absolutely NOT! It’s a scam. If you do not see payment in your account, you have not been paid. PayPal does not require you to buy a gift card and provide the card’s access code in order to receive your money. Oldest scam in the book.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

taleiiii
New Community Member
Omgosh i literally encountered the same issue but I’m from the Islands and your from Germany, and so we do our research first before we try it out x Im so happy that I had my questions answered
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.