Someone targeting me with fake disputes/chargebacks.

MagicMuffinBoi
Contributor
Contributor
Info: I have a discord server where I sell roles which have perks. A lot of people buy these roles. I have received 3 disputes from different PayPal accounts saying some absolute fake info (they copy and paste this exact message): “I bought a game off the seller and he sent me a link to the "game" and when i clicked on the link it sent me to a offline website, i thought it was a internet problem so i gave it a day, then once it still wasnt working i messaged the seller which it said he wasnt available”. I have gotten 3 disputes with a message like this and I truly believe that either this is some method online to scam people or it is one person with many accounts targeting me. I never win the disputes, no matter how much proof I submit. Please help me, I’m losing money and I have no idea what to do.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MagicMuffinBoi 

You can appeal as buyer abuse but no guarantees you’ll get the money back:

What is Buyer Abuse?

Selling game items are susceptible to such scams so accept that you’ll occasionally encounter scammers and exercise self-insurance (putting aside a % of each sale) to cover refunds or best figure out a way to disable what you sold when you have to refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.