Someone hacked my account?

XTL5000

Hello,

I found out a few hours ago that someone bought airline tickets using my paypal account.  I saw a email from Paypal that I was charge almost $900 for a flight I never booked.  They wiped out my Paypal balance plus took money from my checking account.  I immediatly called Paypal for help and they opened a ticket.  I have also changed my password + security questions. 

Does anyone know the success in getting money back?  How long does this take?  How could someone hack into my account?

Thanks,

Joe

Login to Me Too
48 REPLIES 48

AVIE001
Contributor
Contributor
Hi apparently PayPal say I not been hacked I define have as emptied my accthe again on Tuesday get in touch with PayPal gather as much info as possible see wot they say
Login to Me Too

NCT
Contributor
Contributor
Me too I got hacked and they used $300. I gotten a password change email which I never do. I tried to log in and couldn’t so I did a password recovery. I manage to look my summary and it was pending charged for $300 so I called paypal to report it and I was put on hold so I left a number to call me back. By the time they called me the process was completed. I made a report for unauthorized purchased and they denied it! WTF!
Login to Me Too

Qweenny1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi my account was hacked on 4/6/2018, did u get your money back I made a police report today I am still waiting to see what’s going to happen they haker went on eBay & bought $389 worth of stuff smh do what eneded up happening with your situation?
Login to Me Too

Giacodj9
Contributor
Contributor
Did any of you get your money back ? My account was hacked last night and I’m freaking out because lost 2500 and PayPal is closed on the weekends
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Giacodj9! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community! I am really sorry to hear that this has happened. If your account has been used without your authorization, please note that PayPal offers you full protection for confirmed unauthorized payments. You should be able to report this via the Resolution Centre. Here is how https://goo.gl/Q7ZCSK. Please also make sure you have changed your password & security questions on PayPal and ran a full scan for viruses on any device you currently use. Hope this helps. – Carlos  

Login to Me Too

Samoo1
Contributor
Contributor
This company is so stupid... The hackers waiting until evening when this PayPal closed, even no one answer the telephone!!! , and then they start their dirty hacking the people.... They steal today 350 euro from my bank account through PayPal... I even didn't link my bank account to PayPal!!!?! Those dirty hackers must get ******* I don't know even if I get any thing back. PayPal :you know this problem from many years and yet you do NOTHING 😡😡😡 PUT SOMEONE 24 HOURS TO ANSWER THE VICTIMS WHEN THEY CALL AFTER A SUN OF **** HACKING THEM!!! KOM OP
Login to Me Too

MAXMIller1112
I’ll admit... I should have been paying more attention. I thought that I was just getting charges for subscriptions, like $10 here or there. But tonight when I went on to my account there was a charge for $40 to a woman I didn’t know. As I went further down the list there were 3 more, for a total of like $90. I’m disappointed in the security and I’m almost sure they will be of no help at all. I’m done with PayPal and probably online banking in general. It’s insecure and asinine.
Login to Me Too

Rotut13
New Community Member
Someone hacked my checking account through PayPal. I had to close checking account in hopes to stop the hacking. I received confirmation from Pay Pal that indeed the money was stolen, now what? How do I get my money back?
Login to Me Too

phanxuantruong
Contributor
Contributor

I got hacked today but i stop it immediately when it happening, i lost $150 bucks from buying stuff from steam, i tried to call the supports but they not work, i dispute it to paypal and i got denied, those mtfs out there just ran away with my money and paypal just denied it just like that. such disappoint!

Login to Me Too

temp20190805

I'm closing my account on Paypal like the rest of the people here - the hacking happened early in the morning. I also got an email from paypal that a charge was made. I opened a dispute & paypal said they 're closing my case because there's no hacking involved. I DON'T TRUST PAYPAL ANYMORE. The lazy low life hacker who is brokeass made a purchase in in one of the big box retailer for $58.64. I'm fortunate that there are spirits protecting me from stupid people in this world. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.