Someone hacked my account and took 1000 euro from my debit card

RusLanParty
Contributor
Contributor

My account was hacked, and someone bought something in Austria(?) using my debit card. They bought the same item twice in 3 days spending 1000 euros. I changed my password and added two factor authentication for PayPal and Google, and then opened a case in the resolution centre. I went to my Gmail to see if everything is ok there and noticed that the address of that store they bought from and the address of PayPal support were both in the blocked mails list! I checked my spam folder and saw that I received two mails from PayPal, one saying that my claim has been denied and another one that the unauthorized case is open and being reviewed, both mails were received at the same time. The one that said that my claim has been denied had a different number on it so I'm guessing this is the person that hacked my account tried to get a refund to PayPal so he can transfer it to him and it was automatically denied when I opened the unauthorized access case. The thing is it looks like they already did this once the day before. PayPal closed the case and refunded one of the transactions. The second transaction is listed as "Refunded by *store name*" in Activity day before I even realized money was stolen and the Insight sidebar shows Funds Out 497 EUR and I never sent money through PayPal, only used it with my debit card.

It looks like the bought the item, refunded and transferred the refunded money to themselves. Is there any way to track them and get my money back? I am a student and this is a lot of money to me.

Also, when I try to transfer the refunded money to my bank account that I just added I get an error, I'm guessing my account is limited for now and that's why?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ibrahimsidibe
Contributor
Contributor

hi,bro if someone stole money from your PayPal account you can make a complaint with the full detail about the person who steal money from your PayPal account, and ask for refund, but if its from your debit card in that case you should ask bank about that. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.