Should I really use PayPal as a payment processor?

adaptation_1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm quite new to this PayPal community forum thing so if I labeled this in the wrong area please let me know and I'll try to fix it next time.

I'm a software developer working on a project for the past few months and I've been near close to commercializing my products hitting the stage of developing my payment system to support many processors/currency. I've been a avid user of PayPal and wish I could integrate it's payment solution into my website yet I've been quite hesitant to do so. 

The reason for me being so hesitant to add it is because of the stories I've heard sellers losing chargebacks they've clearly had proof for, I've been warned time and time again of the risk of accepting G&S as a payment option because of it's added on risk of customer charge backing when they've clearly received the product they've paid for and being told to opt into F&F which is against TOS.

I'm not sure if it has ever been asked before since the search feature is kind of wonky in my opinion but should I really use this platform as a payment processor? I'll be selling software made by me and a potential demographic of customers ranging from ages 13-18+ in the range of 13+ being more frequent meaning children purchasing. I've looked into PayPal's seller protection but not sure if I am quite eligible for it, It's mainly software being sold to the consumer. Are there any pro's and con's using PayPal for a processor, Is it difficult to win chargebacks when you've provided everything in your power to show legitimacy? 

If you can help me, It will be deeply thanked for.

- adaptation_1

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

FreeXenu
Contributor
Contributor

Everthing you've mentioned is true. And PayPal will almost always side with the buyer.

I'd say you're better contact PayPal directly regards how it's buyer/seller protection works with digital purchases.

Login to Me Too

adaptation_1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! I didn't even think of that, I'll be contacting them now. Thank you again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.