Shipping Verification before payment is made?

Angela1961
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on eBay. I got two of the same emails from PayPal. Part of the message says:

"Your funds is still PENDING with us as we wait to receive a copy of the POSTAGE RECEIPT or SHIPPING BAR CODE provided to you at the Post Office after the item has been dispatched. We have within 24-48 hours to make the shipment of the item to the Buyer's Confirmed Shipping Address as we have forwarded all your details to our Tracking Verification Department Center (TVDC) so that you can get maximum attention from us."

However, there is no link for me to send a postage receipt or shipping bar code.

Is this legit?

Thank you, and sorry if this was answered somewhere else. I looked but couldn't find it!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Angela1961,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you received a concerning email.

Here are some things that you can check to see if an email that you receive is fake.

PayPal does allow you to add tracking via your PayPal account in order to speed up the availability of funds, but a transaction will be listed in your account whether it's pending or completed. If a transaction is not in your PayPal account activity, then the email you've received is likely a fake. For maximum safety, don't click any links in an email to access your account, but instead open a fresh browser window and go to paypal.com to check your activity.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Angela1961,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you received a concerning email.

Here are some things that you can check to see if an email that you receive is fake.

PayPal does allow you to add tracking via your PayPal account in order to speed up the availability of funds, but a transaction will be listed in your account whether it's pending or completed. If a transaction is not in your PayPal account activity, then the email you've received is likely a fake. For maximum safety, don't click any links in an email to access your account, but instead open a fresh browser window and go to paypal.com to check your activity.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

kotoring
Contributor
Contributor

thats the Fake mail i got Important Note: This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been"APPROVED"but will not be credited into your account until the shipment Bar/tracking number is sent to us for verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail. Contact the PayPal representative who handled this transaction at or call <removed> immediately with the shipment reference number so we can credit your account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.