ShipStation is a SCAM! Worse than Click N Ship

vand123
Contributor
Contributor

I got charged $10 today. I didn't purchase anything. Upon contacting them they said it was an "overdue postage" adjustment of $2.06(more of this Paypal scam, again... their "evidence" was an Excel spreadsheet with some numbers, not an actual USPS document) but their policy is to charge $10 on ALL "overdue" amounts regardless & then place the extra into our "account". Well I have instructed them to refund that as I will NOT be using this service any further. They have been pulling this with their users for years, now they charge it right away without notification(I received NO notice of an overdue cost, merely a $10 charge without so much as an explanation). I'd advise others to seek alternatives as this is an unacceptable business practice. Nor was this garbage necessary as the service they had in place was adequate(aside from when they made a claim with no proof & demanded we pay)

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

alrawlinson
Contributor
Contributor

This happened to me this morning. I've used PayPal's shipping method via the ShipNow link, and this shipstation garbage is unacceptable. 

Login to Me Too

ArtificialBrian
Contributor
Contributor
Happened to me today. Fortunately I had just received money in my PayPal account from a sale, otherwise this would have overdrawn my bank account. I don't recall ever signing up to send them $10 for nothing whenever they feel like it. I'm sure it's some fine-print service agreement that only a lawyer would understand. PayPal wouldn't let me file a dispute since I unknowingly agreed to this (without any proof of documentation when trying to search for the information) so my only choice was to fruitlessly email ShipStation directly about the charge. Shipping from home isn't worth this, I definitely won't be using this service again.
Login to Me Too

Jparks1300
New Community Member
Were you charged exactly 10 dollars? I have two random charges from them that aren’t associated with shipping labels but they are in random amounts.. 9.25 and 11.81 Trying to figure out if I’m being charged for the same reason as you. Thank you
Login to Me Too

Kilgorq
Contributor
Contributor

ShipStation pulled over 100 out of my account in the last week. The PayPal transaction says "ShipStation subscription" so I blocked any payments going to ShipStation. If it happens again I will probably close my PayPal account. I have had it since 1999 and this is not acceptable. I am tired of PayPal just taking my money whenever they want to and making me wait for a month or 2  to resolve a dispute.  And worse yet there is no way to talk to a person to try and get this resolved.

Login to Me Too

calumb710
Contributor
Contributor

I was charged today as well without cause. Have you found a solution?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Iris

Hello @vand123 and @calumb710

Welcome to PayPal Community! I realize there is an issue going on with an agreement with ShipStation. Our team is  actively working on identifying what may be going on with this this situation. If you haven't already, please communicate with the ShipStation support team via email for further assistance. If you would like more help, please click on 'Contact' at the bottom of your PayPal page to display additional options to reach Customer Support for more specific assistance. We look forward to working with you to reach a resolution. I hope this helps! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

KhajiitLopez
Contributor
Contributor
Happened to me too 180 in rent money just gone from this.
Login to Me Too

LuciNC

They just did the same to me. Withdrew $10.38 saying that it was an adjustment that I I paid first class and sent it priority. I have 

proof that I sent it first class. Sent an email with photos of the receipt from the post office and the copy of the tracking.

Opened a claim with paypal and they refused to accept. 

Now they are saying talk to USPS.

The amount of time and distress to be in a position to have to sort something out that is not my fault is outrageous. 

The lack of support from paypal makes it worse. Please bring the old pitney bowes system back. Never had a problem with that.

Login to Me Too

Cyclepsycho
Contributor
Contributor

I was just charged $29.77 for no apparent reason. 

I have an email in to Ship Station about it but if I do not hear back by the end of the day, I will be contesting the charge with PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.