Shady email asking me to buy a Dundle card to pay fees

Victordanielrv
New Community Member
A contact of mine (not a friend) showed me that he sent me 3K via Paypal, i could see on his laptop. But the only thing I received is an email from an USA Paymal email adress basically saying : Complete authentication with PPC payment of $52.83. In the mail there is a Dundle link where i am supposed to buy a card. I cannot even directly pay. Is it a Scam, is it a legit email? I need support
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Victordanielrv. Thanks for taking the time to add your concern here on the PayPal Community Forum.

Based on your description of the email, it sounds like a phishing/fake message. Please forward it to phishing@paypal.com and do not click on any links in the message or reply to it. PayPal does not operate that way.

If someone sends you a payment, you will see a transaction in your Activity, and we don't ask customers to pay in any way to complete any kind of authentication. Please see https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/article/faq438 for more information on how to spot fake emails and other types of communication.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael
PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.