Setting up brand new paypal account for business and immediately locked out

brandnewaccount
New Community Member

Hello. I just signed up for a business account giving my birthday, social, and all of that so I receive an appropriate 1099. But after putting in all of that information, I get an INSTANT/AUTOMATED message saying "After a review, we've decided to permanently limit your account due to potential risk. You’ll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal" followed by even more details here:

You can't use PayPal anymore

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.

Based on this decision, if applicable, you are no longer eligible for PayPal Seller Protection as per our User Agreement. This will apply to all existing and future cases you receive.

Any bank or credit card information linked to your PayPal account cannot be removed nor can it be used to create a new account. You can still log in and see your account information but you can’t send or receive money. Any money in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about transferring your money.

Reference ID: PP-L-398276747861

This has clearly been automated as I've literally done nothing in this account yet and am only setting it up so that I can receive and withdraw funds. Not only that but they just vaguely say something about user agreement violations without any specific reasoning You know, the kind the the algorithm obviously found on its own. I have another personal account that I only use for purchases so I am wondering if it things that I'm trying to pull a fast one because it's seeing a second account flag, but according to their own policy, I'm allowed one personal and one business, so I don't know why that would be the issue.

What the heck do I need to do to resolve this nonsense that doesn't involved just some canned, useless answer because I have no way of doing anything about this outside of calling customer support and hoping that they give me the time of day. There's not even an appeal option. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Mark123555
New Community Member
Same here.... I don't even have any personal account, just created this business account and my account just got terminated
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @brandnewaccount and @Mark123555

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear your accounts have been permanently limited. I can certainly understand how those kind of restrictions can be concerning. Normally, when a limitation is placed, you should see any steps or actions which need to be completed before the account can be restored.

However, if a permanent limitation has been placed, it normally means there's been some unusable kind violation of user agreement. In those cases, you'll normally receive a notification via email or through the Secure Message Center with as much detail as possible regarding the cause of the limitation. While you're welcome to reach out to our Customer Support Teams to see if there's any other details that can be shared regarding the limitation, normally the decision to permanently restrict an account is not able to be reversed.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.