Sent money through G&S and the seller had not received money

Chiubacca

I had sent money to someone, and the money transferred had been completed, does that mean the seller had recieved the money since the seller said they hadn't. What should I do if that is the case?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chiubacca wrote:

I had sent money to someone, and the money transferred had been completed, does that mean the seller had recieved the money since the seller said they hadn't. What should I do if that is the case?

A Completed payment on your end means whoever you sent the money to already has the money. First, double check that you sent payment to the correct recipient.

Second, if you sent an eCheck, it will reflect as Pending on the seller’s end until eCheck clears. Seller should not ship until PayPal sends notification that eCheck is successfully cleared.

Another scenario is that the received payment could be On Hold on the seller’s end in which case the seller has to Print Shipping Label from within the transaction details and the tracking info is automatically uploaded to the transaction or they can Add tracking info manually if they shipped at the PO. PayPal releases the money 1 day from PayPal confirming delivery or you may confirm receipt if option is available after 48 hrs from payment date.

Seller can also contact customer service to verify whether they have an incoming payment stuck somewhere:

https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us 

Click Message Us or Call Us option below the Common Issues section.

Or reach out to PayPal at Facebook or Twitter:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.