Selling on FB marketplace

BiancaMarissa
New Community Member
I had some message me on messenger to ask me if the product I was selling was available, and I answered yes. We then proceed with the information I needed to have the product shipped out. Mind you I got an email saying once I send a picture of the tracking number and receipt that I will receive my money via email. I waited and nothing so I messaged the buyer and asked him when I will get my money and he I should get it right away so I got an email saying it’ll take about 24 hours so I waited 24 hours and nothing yet, and instead I got another email saying the servers are down and it’ll take about 48 hours to receive my money. I’m being scammed right?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_JonK

Hello @BiancaMarissa,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to say, what you've described does not sound like a legitimate sale. You should never ship anything out until you see the transaction in  your PayPal account. Even if it's on hold, you'll still see the transaction entry in your Account history. Since it doesn't sound like you've shipped anything yet, I'd recommend looking for another buyer for your item. 

Good luck with your sale,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

anros
Contributor
Contributor

I would advise creating an invoice for the item, as that gives you seller protection, versus just doing a g&s payment, which gives you buyer protection. Also, any payment done through g&s or invoicing will apply on any platform as its based on Paypal's transactions, not on the platform that the deal takes place on.

budget planner

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.