Seller will not refund my purchase for a item that was received damaged

Red999
Contributor
Contributor

I am extremely confused as to why Paypal has closed my case twice.  Both notifications were received via email stating that there was not enough information?  I never received any notification for a request for more information.  As soon as I received the notification that the case was closed I called Paypal and received several different responses.  I advised that I never received any request and then the case was re-opened today.  I explained that the seller will not refund my money for a damaged product.  It was a pool cue that I received and was warped or crooked as soon as I received.  I have been told several things.  First, I was told to upload pictures of the item which I did.  I contacted the seller today and apparently he thinks that I am trying to return a different item therefore will not refund my money.  I find this to be crazy?  I was also told that I need to mail the item back and upload a tracking number by Paypal?  I requested to speak to a manager who re-opened the case but was unclear on how Paypal would proceed.  I was told that Paypal would ask further questions for the seller and he would have 10 days to respond and if he didnt...then Paypal would refund my money?  I had further questions that could not be answered.  I asked Paypal if I should request a signature on return which could not be answered?  The seller is refusing to refund my money and I dont know how to proceed.  I just looked and Paypal has closed my case again with the reason being that they needed more info??  I spoke with Paypal twice today?  I dont understand why it keeps closing.  This item was purchased for good and services.  I have been told several different things such as I will receive my money back but its just very unclear as to what I need to do.  I did upload some pictures of the item as requested.  This seller has made several different accusations and threats.  I tried to speak to the "backoffice" who apparently is making these decsions.  I was also told that I would receive a email with the return address of the sender however that never happened.  Can someone please help or advise on how to proceed.  The seller is EXTREMELY rude and uncooperative.   He has threatened, cursed and made several unfounded accusations.  He is flat out refusing to give me a refund.  I have offered to send the item back which is no problem however I dont want to get stuck without the item and no refund??  Can someone please help as this is a 1,400 item.  This is a very rare cue and one that I cant just go out and buy one.  I have sold and bought several things via Paypal and never had this issue.  I cant believe that I spoke with Paypal twice today and now they have closed the case again due to not receiving requested information?  I am so confused.  Thanks for your help in advance.  I am terribly upset as to the way this is being handled.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Chadmax
New Community Member
Don’t feel bad I tried to stop my order before it was shipped seller won’t respond can’t get my refund
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.