Seller refused to honour their own exchange policy, PayPal has ruled in their favourn

SN81
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Community, I am wondering if any of you have had an issue with a dispute where it was ruled in favour of the seller even though the seller has refused to honour their own exchange policy? Did you appeal the decision and what was the outcome? I have an issue at the moment where after trying to contact the seller via email on multiple occasions have gone back and forth, I was refused an exchange even though what I was seeking what was well within their exchange policy, however I raised this with PayPal as a dispute and they have ruled in favour of the seller. Appreciate your advice. This is beyond sad and honestly it's not a big amount of money but it's the principal of it, I have never experienced anything like this ever before and why they are supporting such a hostile seller who is clearly breaking their own policy rules is beyond me.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SN81 

Paypal give you buyer protection for non receipt of item OR item received but significantly other than as described.

They don't unfortunately cover any guarantees / warranties or exchanges that the seller may offer you, that would be for you to sort out with the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SN81 

Paypal give you buyer protection for non receipt of item OR item received but significantly other than as described.

They don't unfortunately cover any guarantees / warranties or exchanges that the seller may offer you, that would be for you to sort out with the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.