Seller refund failed. Paypal closed my claim and told me to email seller.

GalaxyLights
Contributor
Contributor

I recently opened a dispute on a Paypal transaction because the seller took the money and fled (blocked me on our messaging app) before mailing the item. When I opened the dispute and listed my reasons for opening a claim, the seller immediately issued a refund. A few days later, I get a notification that the refund failed and that Paypal closed my claim because a full refund was issued.

I tried calling Paypal's cusomter service line multiple times. Each time, I got a message saying that no agents are available on the phone and to send a message through a link that could be sent to me. I finally accepted the link and described my situation in my message. An agent wrote back saying that the only thing Paypal can do at this point is to suggest that I message the seller and ask them to re-issue the refund because their bank had cancelled the refund the first time, presumably because the seller's account did not have enough funds. 

I thought if we purchased an item through Paypal, that we would be covered by the buyer protection guarantee. I had paid through Paypal G&S with a credit card. At this point, is there any way I can get Paypal to help me in this situation? Thank you very much! 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GalaxyLights 

Get back to customer services preferably by phone and see if you can get one with a brain cell.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.