Seller raised dispute but I need to wait for postage claim before refunding

Anubis02
New Community Member

I sold an item on facebooke, buyer paid by paypal. Item was sent with tracking, tracking has frozen at her local depot 10 days ago. Evri told me to put in a claim for missing item (fully insured) but they will not pay the claim if the item is delivered in the meantime. I explained to the buyer that I would refund as soon as the claim was settled, because if the item arrived then I would not have any payment and no way to be sure to get it back from her. She raised a claim, I explained again I would refund once the claim has been paid for my own protection, and she has raised it to a dispute. 
I've sent the tracking number and evidence of claim submission to paypal, but am I likely to win this? I am not evading payment, but I sent the item in good faith, with tracking, and it is not my fault it has not arrived, and I am not trying to evade refunding, just need to protect myself as well. I am only asking for time.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anubis02 

Seller is responsible for delivering item. Generally, in order to be eligible for seller protection for item not received claims, is to have proof of delivery. Insurance is to protect the seller so if PayPal rules against you in the meantime and the carrier didn’t pay out the insurance claim because item was delivered, you may appeal the case with this compelling evidence within 10 days of case closing or contact customer services to appeal case.

You may also consider asking PayPal customer services to push back the resolution date to allow ample time for delivery or insurance pay out.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.