Seller provided Fraudulent Tracking Number and my Case was closed in their favor. Help!

Mandi_L
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item, paid using Paypal. Turns out it was fraud, they sent me a tracking number, and that number was for an item shipped to my town, however when I called UPS about it, they said it wasn't addressed to me, wasn't my address and frankly only weighed 10lbs. My package should've weighed over 100lbs. When I disputed it and then escalated it to a claim Paypal closed the claim because the seller provided the same fraudulent tracking number. You can easily see from the supporting docs I provided and by looking at the tracking that my items weight was well over 100lbs (Patio Furniture) and the slip from UPS showed the item on that tracking item was only 10lbs. How do I get my money back or contact someone at Paypal?

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Chrissy100
Contributor
Contributor

If you haven't resolved this, keep on at PayPal.

My case was closed and refund denied. But I appealed and told PayPal how disappointed I was with them. 

I had provided them with copies of the items I ordered and asked them how the shipper managed to get an electric garment press through my letterbox!

Tp start with PayPal said because the seller had shown proof of delivery, the matter was closed,

But they did reopen it after I put in a complaint and when they contacted the seller, I was offered half my money back. I declined and PayPal found in my favour and I got my full refund. 

So, don't give up. Keep fighting for what is rightfully yours. 

Good luck.

Login to Me Too

Lidzia
Contributor
Contributor

(removed)

Login to Me Too

BR0549
Is there a number to call? Their communication has a lot to be desired.
Login to Me Too

ronneisler
New Community Member

I ordered 2 2'x8' raised garden beds, received a small child's puzzle.  Filed a claim with Paypal and my claim was denied by Paypal. It is obvious Paypal is in cahoots with the scammer.

Login to Me Too

profpvmom1

I had a fraudulent UPS tracking number provided to paypal by a Chinese vendor. The tracking number showed that a package was delivered to my city, and because of that, Paypal closed my dispute in favor of the vendor.

I called UPS and they asked me for my name and address. The representative then told me that the tracking number was for a package shipped to a different name and address as mine. However, he could not provide me with any documentation or details, due to privacy concerns. He told me to contact Paypal by phone, and have the Paypal rep call UPS to confirm this information.

I called Paypal, and relayed the information. I thought the representative would get on the phone with UPS. However, a couple minutes later, the rep told me she closed the case in my favor and processed a refund. I asked her if Paypal was being proactive in tracking down fraudulent sellers. She replied that the vendor I purchased from had already received multiple complaints, and that once Paypal gathers enough evidence against the vendor, they will stop the vendor's Paypal priviledges. 

My recommendation is that anyone experiencing this contact UPS first to confirm the package was delivered to a different address. Then contact Paypal by phone, and speak to someone in person. Please don't just be mad at Paypal and give up pursuing the case. Every time these fraudulent vendors get away with a scam, because a customer gives up, just enables them to continue scamming people. Fight back so Paypal can collect the evidence they need to shut these people down.

Login to Me Too

Lidzia
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to us with patio furniture and a gazebo. If it was ruled in the scammers favour appeal it. If the appeal still didn’t work call them. You need to talk to someone in person, because it’s all automated. Explain to them and you will get your money back. We did.
Login to Me Too

BR0549
Who do you contact? This happened to me and it seems very hard to communicate .
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BR0549 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.