Seller failing to clear customs for returned items as part of Paypal Disputes.

alexmasi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have opened 4 disputes against a seller in Japan that provided items that were proved to be counterfeits by a number of professional experts in the UK.

I was asked to send them back, at my own cost, and they are now being held at customs for weeks.

The seller is refusing to provide the 'original export paperwork' to clear customs and receive the items. My cases are now open for 2 months and the DHL provided me with emails stating that Japanese customs requires the original export papers from the seller in order to clear customs free or charge, which the seller of course is refusing to provide as this would mean having to receive the items and provide me with a refund. 

I am stuck in a limbo now, with my money being held hostage for 2 months, as the items are in customs and Paypal isn't acting to force the seller to provide the necessary paperwork to clear customs and finally complete my claims positively. 

How many days do I need to wait until Paypal acts in my support and refund me my money when the seller is clearly refusing to act?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alexmasi 

Phone customer services and tell them you have done everything asked of you and if the seller is refusing to arrange clearance of item through customs that is not your problem and you want your refund.

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alexmasi
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, I am in touch with Paypal through messages, yet the items are stuck in customs for weeks now and they are failing to act despite having provided everything I was asked and more, including messages from Paypal telling me that it is the seller's duty to recover their items from custom and the DHL emails saying that Japanese customs will only accept paperwork from the original poster, the seller. 

I am told that by Wednesday next week I will receive a reply as my cases are being prioritised but it is the same tripe they told me weeks ago and did nothing about it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.