Seller claiming to have issued a refund but no confirmation from PayPal and no money in account

temp20220121bc
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I found that $20USD was taken out of my account from a company called Content Arcade. When I checked my account I found that I had 'subscribed' to their monthly services and I had already paid them $20USD last month as well. The thing is I do not recall signing up with this company and have never even heard from them. I lodged a dispute with PayPal for an unauthorised transaction but unfortunately, PayPal found that it was not an unauthorised transaction and refuse to refund me. I emailed Content Arcade and they claim that my email address was 'verified' by them and that someone had used the account. This is all news to me. They agreed to refund me but when they claim they had issued the refund back into my account there was no confirmation email from PayPal and the money was not in my account. This process is usually instantaneous. I received this 'confirmation' message from them which I think is fake.B8457A40-1ABE-4479-AAEA-3A81A59D035C_4_5005_c.jpeg

My PayPal account is saying another thing though; no money at all! I think I have been scammed, any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

taylorswift

Your Account is Stealed for short time, Next time.. Turn 2FA on your PayPal Account, and never share your data to unknown companies, persons etc.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @temp20220121bc

Welcome to the PayPal Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received an expected refund. I understand how concerning this would be. Since the payments are associated with a subscription, these would not be considered unauthorized transactions, as a subscription means that you are giving the merchant authorization to charge you.

If you have not done so already, please be sure to cancel the subscription through PayPal so that you are not charged again. You can view steps on how to do this by visiting the Help Center article here.

Also, if the payments were funded using a bank account or credit card, I suggest reaching out to them to see if they may have options for receiving a refund.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.