Seller Protection when Goods Picked up not posted

channybliss
New Community Member

Hi!

Just a question in regards to seller protection - I have sold a dress the buyer lives right near me so wants to collect, she has paid me using goods & services.  She wants contactless pick up due to covid restrictions

Would I still be covered for any issues/claims given that I don't have a postage receipt and tracking details??

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@channybliss 

There’s no seller protection for:

• Physical, tangible items delivered in person, including in connection with a payment made in your physical store, unless the buyer paid for the transaction in-person using PayPal's goods and services QR code

It doesn’t appear your buyer paid with QR code in-person so you’re not covered. On the other hand, buyers are not covered as well if they didn’t pay with QR Code. So your defense would be that this was a pick-up should a dispute was opened.

Your claim will not qualify for a refund under PayPal's Buyer Protection Policy for an Item Not Received claim, if:

• You collect the item in person, or arrange for it to be collected on your behalf, including if you use PayPal in a seller's physical store, except for in-person PayPal QR code for goods and services transactions;”

If buyer files significantly not as described claim, sellers are not protected from that reason anyway unless the buyer lets on a buyer’s remorse type reason:

An item will not be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller in its description of the item.
  • The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was described as “used."
  • It was listed as used condition and you picked it up in person.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.