Scammed through Friends & Family

jforbes15
New Community Member

recently scammed due to my own mistakes of not doing much research, he told me to send through friends and family. is there anything at all i could do to get my money back? 

Login to Me Too
95 REPLIES 95

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tudorguy 

You mean when they clearly state on both the web and the app than when you select the friends/family option that you have 0 buyer protection if you use that option?

Then you use that option and its Paypals fault that you were then scammed.

Yeah right.  😉

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AlanCee
Contributor
Contributor
Totally agree, they had the audacity to send me an email about my case, saying that because I went to my bank or card provider tland not through them, they therefore didn't have enough information to help, I'm like, I messaged PayPal first and they told me to go to my bank as there's nothing they could do! Absolute joke!
Login to Me Too

DiverJay
New Community Member

Is there not a black list accounts that can help others who have been scammed by the same email address user? 

If not, there should be.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DiverJay 

How can they be scamming you if you sent a 'gift' of money to them.

They would only scam you if you paid for goods or services and did not receive them. If that was what you were paying for then you would use that option surely? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Blackrose75
Contributor
Contributor
I also got scammed. The lady told me she was having issues with it going through and gave me an alternative email to send. As soon as I caught on to what was happening, I demanded a refund and they dipped. I called my bank and explained the situation. They gave me a temporary refund but after 2 months I got a letter stating that the fraud department decided that I purposely sent it or someone who had access sent it and they are taking the temporary refund back. So now I have to loose that money 2×s!!! I don't know what to do since I am disabled and only get a certain amount each month!!!! Furious!!!
Login to Me Too

Alexander207
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get your refund back?
Login to Me Too

Alexmikula
New Community Member
How do u i contact him
Login to Me Too

Newbie42
Contributor
Contributor
You mean how did I contact bank or seller?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Craig

Hi @Alexmikula,

Welcome to the Community!

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear about what has happened. You should see the recipient's email address in your Transaction Details page. 

Remember that our protection is just an extra layer of security. Depending on the funding source that was used, your bank/card issuer may be able to assist you in opening a new dispute on their side.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Craig

Login to Me Too

Kristinedczb
What if I didn't used any cards for the transaction?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.