Scammed by HUIMENG CO., LIMITED

kthompson11
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a nutcracker on the 22/10/20, the website stated is was 6ft tall "animated musical nutcracker with drum". I have since received the product and its is not as described (it is 30-60cm tall and not animated...). I have then checked the website again and it has been completely changed since when I ordered. The pictures originally showed it as tall as a door way and animated with lights, they have now been removed to show the small version I received. I as for a full refund as it was insanely misleading. I escalated the case, the company are now expecting me to return it to China which i have to pay for. It will cost me $15 AUD and take 2-3 months to arrive back in China (I won't receive the refund until its received). Is it right for me to refuse to return it, leaving me out of pocket, even though they scammed me?

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

I have the same happen it came to nearly $40 for a special friend who saved my life when I had a respiratory arrest. I’m gutted.
Login to Me Too

ksavanha
Contributor
Contributor

Since I had posted about the 6ft Nutcracker receiving 12 in nutcracker.  The seller claimed that it was exactly what I ordered. I went back and fourth with them and was told that since I did not like the item to send back and pay for shipping.  Once they received I would get my money back.  I had escalated up to PayPal.   PayPal sent me a notice on the 10 December 2020 stating that the company agrees to give my money back after I send item back with shipping addresss attached which was not even the address on the box and no zip code and the address didn't even look right. PayPal said I had until 16 December 2020 to send it back if not case closed and a place to upload mailing label.  No other way to respond to PayPal but two options upload or close case. We all know how much it 's going to cost to mail back to China and no way would it get there in 6 days! So on the 16th closed my case.  HUIMENG WON AGAIN.  I even told told PayPal about all of you having the same problem's.  I even told seller that if they did not provide the right item that I would be turning them in to the FTC and they ignored.  I did file with the FTC.  I can't believe that PayPal and even Facebook let's this company and others to advertise falsely.

Login to Me Too

Kymosguy
Contributor
Contributor
Yup same thing with me I even closed my account and reopened it and no not adding my credit card again.. PayPal just not pro do anything ( tried to report them to PayPal goes no where . ) thank you for your post .
Login to Me Too

Kymosguy
Contributor
Contributor
There are 100s of scammed people with this company and no way PayPal will do anything. I’ve reported them to every place I can and truly no one cares . Just post it as much as you can on Facebook and include the email you get .. people need to shut them down!.. PayPal is a fraudulent company because with the 200s of complaints in this HUIMENG CO., LIMITED comps they should of blocked them from using PayPal long time ago!.
Login to Me Too

sarasa
Contributor
Contributor
A 6ft nutcracker? That sounds terrifying
Login to Me Too

Lizou
Contributor
Contributor

I've got the exact same problem with a company called "Your life-YIXIN". No news for 3 weeks after the order, and my neighbour, who bought his Nutcracker the same day as me, received it today, and it's ridiculously small, with no light and, of course, nono responsiveness to movement as promised. Impossible to reach this so called company (the email on the paypal transaction is not working). I wonder how many people just get caught by this false ad !

Login to Me Too

johnnyhaf
Contributor
Contributor

1st escalate the dispute through paypal, wait for the company to respond with a partial refund, say no, then they will say you can get a full refund IF you pay for the return and they must receive it with no damage. You then have to call paypal a[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]o[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Jump through the hoops requesting a live agent. Wait on hold or let them call you back cause it could be a 2-3 hour thing. Explain the problem and all the complaints of the same thing and they will refund in full while your actually on the phone and then if they don't get from the china company then they will be flagged for non future use. YOU HAVE TO CALL THOUGH or you will not get a full refund. I got taken on the Nutcrackers, the Wreaths, and a purse. Have gotten full refund on the nutcrackers and purse. have to wait 5 more days of no movement of wreaths or when I receive them to call in again.  Don't let these companies get away with this. I am Copying and pasting on every ones complaint that I have time for. Please help by also copying and pasting to others.  

Login to Me Too

sarasa
Contributor
Contributor
I got one but I threw a fit in chat and prior to my case being closed, I posted images confirming from the actual etsy seller in messages that huimeng stole their images and even reviews. It was closed and I threw a fit about posting proof of the counterfeit items.
Login to Me Too

rc-staco
Contributor
Contributor

This business is a scam there advertisements are fake and its poor that PayPal deal with such scammers.  I purchased a suppose to be motorcycle helmet which was suppose to be DOT and EU approved but they are not, they are just bicycle helmets.  I purchased on the 3rd of October 2020 then received on the 8th December 2020 but unfortunate not what was advertised and what I paid for, now PayPal won’t even help me.

Login to Me Too

toddm2
Contributor
Contributor

Report both the seller, and Paypal to your states attorney general.   Also if you used a credit card through paypal dispute the charge to paypal through your credit card company.   Paypal is being very complacent by enabling these fradulent scammers.    Even if you sent it back, what would happen is that the address they would give you in China would be wrong.  So then the seller can tell Paypal they never received the return item back and Paypal will find in their favor again anyway.

These scams have been going on for months, there's hundreds of posts both here and on other sites (Nest/Google is a popular site they spoof) even the BBB has had articles/reports of this exact scam manipulating Paypal's policies to fraudulently take advantage of buyers. It's hard to believe Paypal is so incompetent they are not aware of it, yet they are still allowing these scammers to work their policies while buyers are victims. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.