Scammed by HUIMENG CO., LIMITED

kthompson11
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a nutcracker on the 22/10/20, the website stated is was 6ft tall "animated musical nutcracker with drum". I have since received the product and its is not as described (it is 30-60cm tall and not animated...). I have then checked the website again and it has been completely changed since when I ordered. The pictures originally showed it as tall as a door way and animated with lights, they have now been removed to show the small version I received. I as for a full refund as it was insanely misleading. I escalated the case, the company are now expecting me to return it to China which i have to pay for. It will cost me $15 AUD and take 2-3 months to arrive back in China (I won't receive the refund until its received). Is it right for me to refuse to return it, leaving me out of pocket, even though they scammed me?

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

ThomJackson
New Community Member

Did any anyone receive action or resolution? I received my nutcrackers, supposed to be 6' and they were 8" - 

Login to Me Too

BillG652
Contributor
Contributor

Doesn't look like PayPal is going to do anything about it.  

Login to Me Too

joadini
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, on Oct 12 I made a request of two Nutcrackers to the company HUIMENG CO.LIMITED, on Nov 12 I received a box with two Nutcrackers 12 inches high, when they were supposed to be about 5 to 6 feet tall. Pay in special $ 59.99 + 1.80 insurance, as I see this company what it has is fraud with customers. When I bought the nutcrackers they were in a photo on a balcony near the door, for that reason is that I say they had to send them 5 or 6 feet high ... Waiting to see how Pay Pall solves this problem, I see wue I have not been the only one to be scammed ...
Login to Me Too

Chl1Cod2
I too got scammed with the nutcracker. It was not the large musical one that had lights but a small one that does nothing. I never would have paid the money price for the one they sent. I hope this company gets caught and punished for their false advertising.
Login to Me Too

jimsantana
New Community Member

they have offered a refund to me if i send back to them by 25th nov thats 9 days theres no chance of this also how am i suppose to rerturn to an address unrecogniseable.Paypal need to withdraw their services with this company i was also scammed on 2 halloween props again send back within a few days its not possible then paypal close the case its a disgrace payal should be ashamed they are not offering proper protection

Login to Me Too

BillG652
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me.  They just closed the account because I didn't send them a tracking number.  I didn't return the item because not only will I be out the money I paid the company (as they will never inform PayPal that they received the item back) but also all the fees for shipping, customs, insurance, and duty.  So I'm out twice the amount.  I am writing to the President and CEO and also filing a complaint against Huimeng Co., Limited and PayPal.  It's unfortunate that PayPal will allow companies to scam it's customers and then not do anything about it.  If everyone would write to the President & CEO and file a complaint with the FTC, something might be done.

Login to Me Too

Fulton-9
Contributor
Contributor

They need to be kicked out of PayPal and al social media.  They are misrepresenting items as Made in the USA when they are made in China, products that are delivered are a long, long way from what described and in some cases they take the money, don’t supply the products and PayPal won’t take action because they are not covered under its Buyer Protection Plan.  This is fraud.

Login to Me Too

Rita681
Contributor
Contributor
I hope your right,we need the companies to be accountable for there contracts and deliveries.at the moment it's a big scam were one says posted the other days can't delivered,than they wanted me to change the address were I live.scammers alright
Login to Me Too

rc-staco
Contributor
Contributor

Even though this company is a scam paypal will not help you out

Login to Me Too

Paula521
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a Christmas Wreath on November 11. 2020 & never received it. Order # WNBAA01253792504Q Transaction 080123008X2849146
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.