Scammed by HUIMENG CO., LIMITED

kthompson11
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a nutcracker on the 22/10/20, the website stated is was 6ft tall "animated musical nutcracker with drum". I have since received the product and its is not as described (it is 30-60cm tall and not animated...). I have then checked the website again and it has been completely changed since when I ordered. The pictures originally showed it as tall as a door way and animated with lights, they have now been removed to show the small version I received. I as for a full refund as it was insanely misleading. I escalated the case, the company are now expecting me to return it to China which i have to pay for. It will cost me $15 AUD and take 2-3 months to arrive back in China (I won't receive the refund until its received). Is it right for me to refuse to return it, leaving me out of pocket, even though they scammed me?

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

Bicabod
Contributor
Contributor
it is seriously infuriating! maybe we all need to send emails to paypal requesting they no longer do business with this company..... i already sent mine.
Login to Me Too

Elnh1958
Contributor
Contributor

I TOO WAS SCAMMED!  Wooden letter banks! plastic, no names, and only 7½ in. tall!  won't issue refund... offered $8 for almost a $300 order!  Paypal denied my claim, 3 times!  DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING!!!

Login to Me Too

Elnh1958
Contributor
Contributor

also was scammed.  WOODEN LETTER BANKS! Almost $300 order, offered an $8 refund!  They are plastic, and 7½" tall!!! no names etc.  This was horrible, Paypal denied claim!

Login to Me Too

credding27
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t understand why PayPal is still allowing payments to go through to this company, why can’t people block this company??? I’m furious!
Login to Me Too

BillG652
Contributor
Contributor

It's apparent that they don't want to refund our money.  I have to pay to return them to China and the address I was given is in Chinese.  There is no way I can type those characters on a shipping label.  I'll be submitting a complaint to the Better Business Bureau to warn others and to the FTC to see if they can stop this scam artist from advertising and selling in the U.S.  

Login to Me Too

Temp20201123s
New Community Member
Hi, Im in the uk & its happening here to although im not sure what to do about it here, can you help at all? Shirley
Login to Me Too

Mallhopping
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a wreath for Christmas that looked beautiful in the picture. I paid $46 for it. I received it the other day in a package that was taped so tight crushing the wreath. Plus the wreath was not like it appeared in the picture. It was scrunched. You had to shape it, extend the green branches out which were short and not enough to make it look full. The ribbons were all crunched and wrinkled. Plus the bells had to be attached. None of this was described in the ad. Also package came from California but the want it returned to China. What the heck. That’s ridiculous. How do they get away with this. I too will be reporting this to the BBB.
Login to Me Too

Technical64
Contributor
Contributor
I, too, ordered a Christmas wreath. Almost a month ago. At least you received yours. I’ve received nothing. 51.99–poof!’ I’m so angry.
Login to Me Too

Fulton-9
Contributor
Contributor

File a case with PayPal....even if you receive it, it will be trash.  I persisted and PayPal closed in my favour.

Login to Me Too

SheilaJackson20
Contributor
Contributor
I have just recieved my order,not what I wanted.They will not reply to me even though the boots were allso two small.paypal wont let me past resolution centre
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.