Scammed by HUIMENG CO., LIMITED

kthompson11
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a nutcracker on the 22/10/20, the website stated is was 6ft tall "animated musical nutcracker with drum". I have since received the product and its is not as described (it is 30-60cm tall and not animated...). I have then checked the website again and it has been completely changed since when I ordered. The pictures originally showed it as tall as a door way and animated with lights, they have now been removed to show the small version I received. I as for a full refund as it was insanely misleading. I escalated the case, the company are now expecting me to return it to China which i have to pay for. It will cost me $15 AUD and take 2-3 months to arrive back in China (I won't receive the refund until its received). Is it right for me to refuse to return it, leaving me out of pocket, even though they scammed me?

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

Elnh1958
Contributor
Contributor

i AGREE! I was scammed almost $300.  Wooden letter banks.  well they are plastic, only 7½" tall, no names.  UGH! And Paypal denied my claim, and the company offered $8 refund?!  really?!  I bought from Etsy because they were for my grandkids.  Still fighting Paypal

Login to Me Too

Deborahfairley
Contributor
Contributor
Got a refund for make up via PayPal thankfully
Login to Me Too

Lyneve
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed PayPal made up for your loss with this disgusting company. How did you go with your voucher from PayPal?  I am having trouble using it.

Login to Me Too

Domza

Elnh1958
Contributor
Contributor

I TOO HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.  ALMOST $300.  Paypal denied my claim! Company offered $8 refund!  really?  Wooden letter banks.  They were plastic, and also only 7½", no names, horrible. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM

Login to Me Too

Maydaymom
Contributor
Contributor
I’m sorry to hear this. I was so discouraged when I found this page and read how many of us were affected. I have yet to receive an Autumn wreath that I paid $70 for. My initial complaint was for the same “wooden banks”. What a joke. I did write to the company with a series of stalling email responses…. “Send a picture of damages”, “send another picture in a different format”, “you didn’t send a picture of them altogether” (I had four damaged), and most recently “must have been the shipper. So sorry. How about $12USD?” In the meantime, I contacted MY BANK that is attached to my PayPal account and was told I would have a refund this billing period. The customer service rep said they will try to retrieve the money from the Chinese company and lodge a complaint with the Business Bureau. Try your bank card customer service. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

Lyneve
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately too late after reading all your experiences.  I too have been scammed by Huimeng Co.  Money boxes supposedly 14inches of good quality wood and well made with name of child etched into the front.  Well, now I received a 7inch money box, with splinters abound, and to add salt into the wound stick on letters of the alphabet that were crushed/destroyed during mailing (poor packaging helped this little outcome).  27 emails to them only resulting in the stock same response (it is as you ordered!!!). Escalated through PayPal, but unfortunately they cannot/not able to retrieve money even though it was purchased under buyer protection.  This company should be struck off PayPals list.  Way too many people getting scammed by them.  A shame for those good companies that exisit.  I am going to refrain from purchases in the future from China.

Login to Me Too

SBLJ
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered the same box but it never even arrived. When I asked they gave me a fake tracking number. Out $45 so **bleep**! Will PayPal refund,?
Login to Me Too

Bicabod
Contributor
Contributor
I filed a grievance with PayPal and told them that there are 12 pages of complaints about this company on PayPal community. We'll see what happens but I'm not holding my breath!
Login to Me Too

credding27
Contributor
Contributor
We’ll see, not holding my breathe either, but thank you!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.