Scammed but Paypal will not refund

PyreRock23
Contributor
Contributor

Subject: Complaint Against PayPal's Closure of Case and Request for Investigation: Evident Deception and Evidence Tampering by Scammer

Dear PayPal Support,

I am writing to express my deep disappointment and concern regarding the closure of my recent case and to emphasize the alarming actions taken by the fraudulent party, [removed]. It is crucial for PayPal to thoroughly investigate this matter, considering the evident deception and evidence tampering carried out by [removed], as he deleted our conversations on Telegram and removed his comments from ECOMKING's YouTube video.

To provide further context, I was targeted by an individual impersonating ECOMKING, the well-known eCommerce YouTuber. [removed], the imposter, persuaded me to join his dropshipping mentorship program, instructing me to send a payment of $200 through PayPal to the PayPal account associated with his name ( you can ask me the email he used to send the money). One significant detail that should raise suspicion is the fact that [removed] insisted we communicate exclusively on Telegram, a messaging platform known for its encrypted conversations.

Shortly after sending the payment, [removed] deleted our entire conversation on Telegram, erasing any trace of our previous interactions. This deliberate act of evidence tampering raises serious concerns about [removed]'s intentions and further supports my claim that this was a scam. Moreover, he went as far as removing his comments from ECOMKING's YouTube video, which initially led me to believe that he was associated with the legitimate YouTuber's program.

These actions by [removed] demonstrate a clear intent to deceive and hide his fraudulent activities. It is deeply concerning that PayPal closed the case without recognizing the significance of such behavior and the impact it has on the credibility of the transaction. I urge PayPal to reconsider the closure of the case and conduct a thorough investigation into the evident deception perpetrated by [removed].

It is imperative for PayPal to take these actions into account when assessing the legitimacy of the transaction and determining the appropriate course of action. By overlooking the evident tampering of evidence and deception by the scammer, PayPal is inadvertently allowing fraudulent activities to persist and exposing innocent customers to similar scams.

I kindly request that PayPal reopens the case and thoroughly reevaluates the evidence provided, including the deliberate deletion of conversations on Telegram and the removal of comments from ECOMKING's YouTube video. These actions clearly demonstrate the deceptive nature of the transaction and support my claim that this was a scam orchestrated by [removed].

I appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and your commitment to customer security. By reopening the case and investigating the evident deception and evidence tampering, PayPal can demonstrate its dedication to protecting its users and taking appropriate action against fraudulent activities.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you require any further information or evidence to aid in the investigation of this case. I trust that PayPal will prioritize this complaint and work diligently to rectify the situation.

Yours sincerely,

PyreRock23

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

threedogsmama
Contributor
Contributor

If they help you, they will retaliate later against your account.  Merchant Nadine [removed]is a fraud, too.  Paypal helped me with that scam but has rendered my account nearly useless and inoperable since then.  Just be prepared that if they help you, you are probably going to have to close your account anyway.

Login to Me Too

urnotme24
Contributor
Contributor

Did they respond to the letter? I think PayPal does not actually look at the disputes but just goes by what the seller of the item says. I sent plenty of photos and videos of item not as described and they did not reach out 1 time to ask any questions. THey just said seller dissagreed.

Login to Me Too

ahouse857
Contributor
Contributor

I am in agreement. Purchased garments (shirts) from a company posing as being based in the US but actually situated in China. Garments arrived but were all amazingly wrong sized. Confusing responses resulted in my escalating my case.

The cost to return the items (for a full refund) was nearly triple what I paid. Additionally, the items were sent from CA but my return needed to be to China at $150+. The purchase price was just $80.

Paypal has been passive aggressive in "helping" timing me out of chats. Providing no means of calling and speaking. The did offer some $50 voucher.

It is obvious that they are not concerned about my satisfaction. I understand my responsibility and that i may need to take the seller and paypal to some other entity for justice.

I've been warning as many people as I can about this seller (who changes their names on sites like Facebook btw) and Paypal and their very disappointing and sometimes retaliatory "help".

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello everyone! Thank you for joining the PayPal Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear there's been a few different issues using PayPal lately. I can certainly understand how concerning it can be when you're not able to use your account as you wish or when a transaction doesn't go quite as you had expected.

@urnotme24, I'm sorry you feel PayPal doesn't actually review your cases. There are certain factors our resolution teams take into consideration when reviewing cases, and those factors may lead to them requesting / not requesting or asking for / not asking for certain pieces of information from either party. With that in mind, you're welcome to reach out to our Customer Support teams to make sure our resolution teams received everything you've submitted or potentially appeal your case decision if you have additional evidence not submitted in the initial case decision. It may not guarantee an overturn of the initial decision or a refund, but you're welcome to reach out. 

@threedogsmama, is there something not working exactly right on your account? If so, please contact our Support teams at the link above to troubleshoot any errors you may be seeing. PayPal does not retaliate against our buyers for raising legitimate concerns on any transaction. We're happy to mediate and uphold our Buyer and Seller Protections. If it's a payment issue, here's a Help Center article with some basic troubleshooting steps we recommend trying before contacting our support. Good luck!

@PyreRock23, I can certainly understand how your that situation was less than ideal. It's important to know what protections you have before sending any kind of payments via PayPal or any other payment processor. If you send a payment as Friends and Family, PayPal offers no Purchase Protection other than if it was unauthorized activity. If it was not unauthorized, we recommend reaching out to your funding source if you funded the transaction with a bank or card to see what options you may have, or potentially even local law enforcement. 

My apologies to you all for any inconvenience these issues have presented. Good luck and best wishes on future transactions with PayPal!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

urnotme24
Contributor
Contributor

I apreciate the apology and suggestions but I did both of what you suggested. I called again today and asked that the case be reopened. It seems to me that if I put in the dispute to please reach out as I cannot load the video on the site (it only will allow jpeg or still photos) and the video is litterally of the seller saying that the project is wrong and failing and they need to come back and do a better job....that PayPal would want that video. I have nowhere to send it as there is no communication from PayPal and no way to upload it.

Login to Me Too

ahouse857
Contributor
Contributor

Sir, where did you call -- what phone number did you find to use? I have not had success locating a number that allows me to chat with someone.

Thanks!

ahouse857

Login to Me Too

ahouse857
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has come thru for me regarding my issue. they also provided guidance as to how to avoid similar issues.

It's a credit but given the circumstances, I am satisfied with this.

Login to Me Too

Shihan
Contributor
Contributor
I realize that you sided with the seller on my case but eBay is aware of the fraudulent sales practices of "usbestshop" and are investigating. They delay past the eBay money back guarantee period and Feedback period, avoiding negative feedback on their store. Delaying and false promise of a refund are their SOP. They are experts when it comes to not making right defective product sales. It won't do me any good in appealing your decision in my case but felt that I should comment anyway. I'm not one to accepting deceptive sales practices.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.