Scammed and Paypal wont resolve the dispute

part0528
New Community Member

I paid for a pair of shoes for my daughter on a website for a small business in Nashville to find out when I got the payment receipt that they somehow masked the website and the receipt came from someone in china. Paypal is telling me I authorized the payment... No I didnt - not to this person. I authorized it to the small business in Nashville but they refused to call me and listen to my story and said that I authorized the payment. Now I dont know how to reopen the case. These shoes are never go to arrive and I have no idea what to do. I am so frustrated. I know these shoes are not going to arrive because I knew as soon as I saw the receipt from paypal that the name on it was not right. I am mad. Paypal didnt even give me the time of day to understand the situation.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Purple_cat
New Community Member

I'm in the same boat, twice. The real "seller" is a place in China and they provided a fake proof of delivery, so Paypal denied my claim, AND I don't see any recourse to actually explain the issue to someone.

Good luck with yours and I will keep watching to see if someone has a resolution.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@part0528 

A dispute for an unauthorised transaction is telling paypal that your account was hacked and used without your consent to make that transaction.
Paypal would check IP addresses and devices and close the dispute if it was you that made the transaction.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction so the only way you can get a second dispute opened is to contact Paypal (when and if you can) and see if they will open a second dispute for you.
They may decline citing policies but if you say what happened then they might open a second dispute for you.

If not then if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then consider contacting your card issuer and see if they will help you with a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.