Scam

Shellrapp
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order on 3/20/22, and it is still pending.  Seller has not provided any contact information.  I want to cancel the order as I fear it is a scam, but there is no option for me to cancel at this point through PayPal, and no way to contact the seller.  What are my options? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shellrapp 

Guess the only option is 'if' you funded the paypal payment via a bank account and you contacted your bank and told them not to process the payment when its requested by paypal it may work BUT you risk the fact that paypal normally have paid the seller once its showing as complete so you may end up being in neg balance so a tad risky.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shellrapp 

If its pending for 30 days and not claimed by the seller then it will time out and return back to you.

If it completes and you hit issues then you should have buyer protection to open a paypal dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Shellrapp
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I realize that.  I was hoping to find a way to do cancel the order now.  I guess there is no way.  The fact that the seller has provided no contact info has me really worried that he is a scammer.

Thanks for your response.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shellrapp 

Guess the only option is 'if' you funded the paypal payment via a bank account and you contacted your bank and told them not to process the payment when its requested by paypal it may work BUT you risk the fact that paypal normally have paid the seller once its showing as complete so you may end up being in neg balance so a tad risky.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

daylightmarch
Contributor
Contributor

I too was scammed yesterday and I spent the entire night trying to get answers from the 'company' which did not even accept my email then to Paypal which does not even allow for me to type my complaint (even when there are spaces indicating that I should give more details). Then I called my credit card company and she gave me Paypal's number to call. I did and I got a recorded message which indicated to me that Paypal may very well be a co-conspirator with the scam company. After all, they make money off us. Try calling this number and see what you get: [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] Let me know if you have some success.

Login to Me Too

daylightmarch
Contributor
Contributor

This may help:  [Removed]. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

daylightmarch
Contributor
Contributor

See what I mean. Paypal is a party to the fraud. Aren't you paypal? Why won't you let me post phone numbers? This is a community based forum to help others who have been defrauded of their money.  [Removed]. People are going to find you out.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@daylightmarch 

Unfortunately paypal does not allow you to post phone numbers in this forum.

You may be able to send a private message to the other person using the option top right of your profile page if the other person has it enabled to receive those messages.

The reason they don't allow it is because scammers have tried using this forum and post scam help numbers or email addresses to pretend they can help but then charge a fee and scam the person that contacted them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Arleigh1
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you Daylightmarch. It does seem like they are co-conspirators. It's almost like a money laundering scheme. They send our hard-earned money to the crooks for a fee.  There are probably kickbacks to PayPal employees also. They say all over their site about a mysterious "appeal" button that no seems to be able to find. A call to them is totally useless.  They just say don't worry and the rep even agreed with me that it was an obvious scam, yet I was denied and charged because they showed a stolen mailing label. They do nothing to help. They make the comment that there are risks that you should take care yet tout that they have protection guarantees. Guarantees my **bleep**. I filed complaints with the BBB and the Postal Inspectors office as mail fraud in this country is a Felony. I will complain and tell everyone I know to not use PayPal. They are for themselves and the crooks only. Not the consumer.  God forbid if the crook forgets to send them their cut. They find a horse head in their bed? 

Login to Me Too

daylightmarch
Contributor
Contributor

Well said, Arleigh1. Until this last transaction I assumed paypal was on the up and up. NOT NOW. I sure hope the BBB can do something concrete about taking this site down. It definitely is a felony.  My wish is that everyone who reads these posts will get as teed off as we are and take legal action against the crooks. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.