Scam

Madams86
New Community Member

I have someone purchasing something from me offered me $100 for shipping but to send tracking info they gave me <removed> said after I sent info them money wouod be there i have nothing showing up on my pay pal account just an email is this legit

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Zimmerman0246
New Community Member
This just happened to me as well. Guy messaged me through Facebook because he saw something I had posted on market place. Guessing this is a scam?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Zimmerman0246 

@Madams86 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Khalida3
New Community Member

This exact situation just happened to me. The email came in through my Spam folder from <Removed>. When I mentioned the funds hadn’t been transferred, they insisted I check my spam folder (they seemed a bit pushy). The email looked like an official PayPal email but when it came through my Spam folder, I knew it was suspicious. Luckily, I googled it and came across your post, so didn’t move forward with shipping the item. Thank you so much for posting this. Tammy <Removed>, aka Faye <Removed>, you should really be ashamed of yourself.

Login to Me Too

Gcu90
New Community Member
Someone just tried doing this to me! They had a fake (almost legit looking) email sent to me saying I’ll get my money after I mail my product and enter in tracking number. I was selling something off Facebook market place. Thankfully i did a quick search and found other people were scammed, too. I reported and blocked the person scamming me. Gotta really be careful nowadays.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.