Scam website <removed>

xpto
New Community Member

HELP I'm in the middle of a fraud and I'm a victim of a scam how can i get my money paid for a service that is a fraud <removed> this website seems trustworthy however and fraudulent how can i get my money back.

I was in my bank and ask for charge back but don't solve the problem

please help get the money back paid by Paypal

¥777.36 CNY = $107.10 USD 1 CNY = 0.1378 USD Category Education Transaction
ID 9G046436EF628263R

Seller information
ITT International TEFL and TESOL
+6[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]br /> <removed>

this company is English but based on the Pilipinas

this is not a company they dont give any invoice
and they don't have any legal VAT company number to operate

They don't give me the money back
they say because of COVID 19 people are not in the office to payback but what a scan

they are there to receive but not to pay

ITT International TEFL and TESOL LTD offers fully accredited TEFL/TESOL courses that meet the highest standards of quality for you and your employers. Accredited by the International TEFL/TESOL Accreditation Council

Call us

Philippines <removed>

United Kingdom <removed>

International <removed>

Business Hours:
Opening hours 9 am to 10 pm BJT

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

lmcc2
Contributor
Contributor

It's true this company is a scam. I've been trying to put together evidence of it but I can't even log in to the website anymore  it – it looks like since I started disputing the legitimacy of this company they just deleted my account altogether. They are not really accredited.

Login to Me Too

teflsupport
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone reading this, please do not take any notice of these claims. In recent times myself and a few of my colleagues have noticed a rise in false claims towards TEFL course providers. These are competitors trying to make certain TEFL course providers seem like a scam when they are not. 

ITT INTERNATIONAL TEFL AND TESOL LTD is a UK government course and can be seen on the UK government website here https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12371066

It is very common practice for TEFL competitors to make false claims to gain an edge over their competitors as there are so many courses out there to choose from, especially since the outbreak of covid 19.

Login to Me Too

lmcc2
Contributor
Contributor
This is another attempt by these scammers to combat the true claims against them. People: anyone can register a business with a government, including a fraudulent business. That link doesn't make it an official government organization. Don't fall for this.
Login to Me Too

PeterGoudge
New Community Member

The key issue is not whether ITT is a Limited Liability Company in the UK, but whether this Limited Liability Company has authority from the UK Government to issue (government-regulated) Teaching Qualifications. It doesn't - fact! It may have authority to print off certificates with coloured ink and a few flags that attest to 'personal development', but nothing more. An ITT TESOL certificate is not recognised as a teaching qualification in UK and therefore it follows that it should not be recognised outside of the UK. Entities like ITT literally bank on the idea that schools in developing countries don't know about government-regulated qualifications, don't care - or both. Would you allow someone who held a 'personal development' certificate - as distinct from a formal qualification - to deliver your baby? I don't think so. The same principle applies to teaching. 

Next, when an embassy notarises and legalises a TESOL certificate, they are not confirming that the certificate is a legitimate qualification - fact! They are simply confirming that the document comes from a source within their jurisdiction - in the case of ITT - a UK Limited Liability Company. Keep in mind that any random person with loose change in their pocket can set themselves up as a Limited Liability Company - and give the company a name that provides the appearance of respectability (World TESOL Authority or similar). 

The good news is that scams in the TESOL space can be avoided by doing a government regulated programme. This is one industry where that old saying 'buyer beware' is absolutely true. 

Login to Me Too

SamuelHDC
Contributor
Contributor

The people that are complaining are doing so because they did not read the terms and conditions and were not able to receive a refund. They obviously got angry and decided to make ITT look like a scam. 

If ITT were a scam, I don't think their certificates could be legalized to work in the most strictest countries such as China. See example [Removed]

Login to Me Too

lmcc2
Contributor
Contributor
This is a fraudulent site and I'm so sorry you were scammed by them like I was. If you used a credit card through PayPal, go through your credit card company. If not, I would try contacting PayPal to ask about their fraud protection policies. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

teflsupport
Contributor
Contributor

If ITT is a scam, then I'm sure PayPal would have seen the evidence and realized this and refunded the person in question. If you were scammed, then why is the company still doing business as normal. Obviously you don't have enough evidence to prove this, otherwise their website would be shutdown. 

Login to Me Too

lmcc2
Contributor
Contributor

If that logic made sense, there would be scams ever. You're saying "if it's a scam then it wouldn't exist." Also, why are you posting about ITT in the third person as if you don't know them, but you just posted like you are a member of the company?

Login to Me Too

teflsupport
Contributor
Contributor

ITT certificates can be apostilled and notarized to work in any country in the world.  If they were a scam, this would not be applicable.image2.jpegimage1.jpeg

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.