Is Actitech Ltd linked to a fitness app?

Lauraleibe
New Community Member

Does anyone know who Actitech are and why they took unauthorised money from my Paypal? Is it possibly a yoga/fitness app I purchased for half the amount (to trial it)and now they are just taking money automatically?!

Login to Me Too
515 REPLIES 515

Rosie223
New Community Member
Why do company's not say that they will be taking an amount of money out of your bank account on a regular basis. When you have purchased an item from them .one time . It is Actitech yet again.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rosie223 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ANTIFRAUD1
Contributor
Contributor

I do not recall approving payments to Actitech Ltd. Two have been taken. Can anyone advise please?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ANTIFRAUD1 

Do a search on this forum and google as this company changes names a lot.

Think it used to be fitcoach and provided an app?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @ANTIFRAUD1,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posing! Thanks @kernowlass.

I am sorry to know about the unauthorized charges from ACTITECH LTD. Some transactions may appear unfamiliar but are legitimate and authorized. I would recommend you check your pre-approved billing agreement payments. This charge could be from a service you signed up for in the past. If the transaction has already been completed you can request a refund on the transaction. To check and cancel your pre-approved billing agreements and to report the charges, I would recommend you to check this help center article. 

I hope this helps,

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

brblej777
New Community Member

This is ridiculous, if PayPal can't protect it's users, I'll just not use PayPal, I can't afford it!!! Actitech has taken 3 different size payments from me and I've never heard of them!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brblej777 

They go under the name fitcoach as well........check if you had a subscription set up.

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting as Paypal can't protect you from everything.
They provide some buyer and some seller protection, we have to read up on it and risk assess our own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JD1980J
Contributor
Contributor
I know . The amount of fraudulent transactions these conartist thieves have made to absolutely dozens of users who've never heard of them and never downloaded any of their sub companies (fitcoach was the one allegedly downloaded but I already have a sub to entirely different legit company so I KNOW well I didn't download anything related to fitcoach. I said this when I emailed the actitech company in shock and got a whole spiel on how they're *"sorry" I don't remember signing up (because I didn't!) but in their "records" I did and that they can offer me membership for life instead of a refund but then don't do that either lol. So much for PayPal's promise of protecting its clients from fraudsters. Wasn't that their whole point at one point? To be the safe middle man?so much for that . There are dozens of threads about Actitech latching onto PayPal accounts and withdrawing money unauthorized and then PayPal do NOTHING except tell you where to find their hideout in your "subscribed" payments and cancel. Nit late after some people have lost hundred. In my case it was two separate extractions
Login to Me Too

valigali
Contributor
Contributor

I was charged $15.91 supposed transaction date 6/9/22 & posted 6/10/22. Ref # (removed) to my card ending in (removed). This is a fraudulent transaction. I tried contacting the company and the number was disconnected. HELP.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@valigali 

Check if you had a subscription set up....company has other names as well.

Sometimes when you do a one off buy if you don't click a link on that companies website to NOT do so you inadvertently set up a subscription.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.