Scam or not?

Temp20210807e
New Community Member

Can company business accounts link up with bitcoin to sort out additional bank charges on any transaction on PayPal?

Someone is asking me to buy bitcoins for them to sort out transaction fee on PayPal, and once I buy Bitcoin the amount will be sent from their acc to mine on PayPal.. does this have any connection? I don't know if this is a scam or not

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Jacob

Hello @2250,

Welcome to the PayPal Community! We're glad to have you here. I would advise not to engage in this agreement as it sounds like a scam attempt. At this time, Bitcoin cannot be traded amongst PayPal accounts, user to user. Depending on account eligibility, you may be able to purchase and sell Bitcoin with your PayPal account. Again, I want to reiterate that you should not engage with this individual and what they have proposed for your own safety. I hope this helps you out!

-Jacob

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.