Scam Suspected

Graga
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently received an invoice from Digitech Solutions saying that they had renewed my 2 year membership for $199.99USD . The only product I use from them is a calender app which I would not pay $99 a year for when there are free ones avaiable. They say they have deducted the payment as it is an automated system but it is not showing up in any accounts hence that is why I looked in Paypal. 3 days later I get the same invoice. I can't reply to their email and when finding their website and going to the contact us link I get a 405-HTTP Verb used....is not allowed. The other strange thing is the sender is Digitel Solutions and a private name .Why wouldn't they use their website domain name. This thing is stressing me out. Hopefully someone has answers.

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

Rslad
I also got this email. Called the number to cancel this, had not subscribed. Reached India, call room, lots of noise. I was told I had to get on my computer and follow their instructions. I told them I would not do this. He insisted that was the only way I would refund. I suspected scam to infiltrate my computer. I hung up. Checked my accou ts and found no charge for 199.99. Scam,Beware!!!
Login to Me Too

Lyd215
New Community Member

I've had a couple of these and as I have never subscribed I just ignore it. 

Login to Me Too

EMTrufant
Contributor
Contributor
I called them from my work phone..
Login to Me Too

Oldenough
Contributor
Contributor

I too received invoice for Digitech Solutiions but from a <removed>. I called from my cell phone at work. Person at other end had a heavy accent, lots of background noise. Call center type noise. Asked what I bought and they said virus software. ( I have Norton). It's a scam. I told them to cancel and that this is a scam, they hung up.

Login to Me Too

LF35
Contributor
Contributor
I received an invoice for 499.00 usd - I’ve never used their services.
Login to Me Too

Graga
Contributor
Contributor
LF 35 Ignore it and they'll go away. At least it isn't a direct debit from an account! Graga48
Login to Me Too

Graga
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Barb2525,

The only people I let into my computer is Telstra (server) and only when I have rung them!

They are the same people ringing to tell you there is something wrong with your Windows computer and they need to get in to fix it. My answer to them is that I use a Apple computer to which they immediately hang up.

Good that you got sorted.

Henk (Graga48)

Login to Me Too

Graga
Contributor
Contributor
I may have worded my answer wrong. By "these are the same people " I didn't mean Telstra. I meant the scammers. I do let Telstra in as noted previously.
Login to Me Too

Sugar32
Contributor
Contributor

I got caught in their scam also and lost $2000.00 to them. Had to change all of my accounts too. Do not call them back as they get you on their circus and if you are vulnerable they catch you in their game.

Login to Me Too

Graga
Contributor
Contributor
Most of the posts have a happy ending with no money taken. Was rather shocked to read your post about the $2K lost. At a loss to see why it's still happening as this scam is quite old now. Take care, Graga
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.