Scam Suspected

Graga
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently received an invoice from Digitech Solutions saying that they had renewed my 2 year membership for $199.99USD . The only product I use from them is a calender app which I would not pay $99 a year for when there are free ones avaiable. They say they have deducted the payment as it is an automated system but it is not showing up in any accounts hence that is why I looked in Paypal. 3 days later I get the same invoice. I can't reply to their email and when finding their website and going to the contact us link I get a 405-HTTP Verb used....is not allowed. The other strange thing is the sender is Digitel Solutions and a private name .Why wouldn't they use their website domain name. This thing is stressing me out. Hopefully someone has answers.

Login to Me Too
73 REPLIES 73

KCdoglove1234
Contributor
Contributor
I just got the same email today from Digitech, I never purchased anything from them and they said they deducted 199.00 from my account!
Login to Me Too

faithlifenow69
Contributor
Contributor

Check to see if they did take that money from your Paypal.    Had the same guys do that to me.   But how they did me was send an email saying I owed $299 for a service awhile back.   I made the mistake of calling them.   How it ended up was they were going to send me the money back.   Nothing ever came out of my checking account.   They just want to get to talking to you to convince you they will send you money.   Dumb me at that time, gave them access to my computer so we could get that money in my Paypal account.  There was more after that.  But I did get charged for like $499 from one of those places that buy and sell.   Paypal gave me money back on that.   But some guy I've never heard of made a charge of $519 to my paypal.  Paid off one of his bills.   Paypal never reimbursed me for that charge.   I dealt with the fraud department, but nothing on that charge.  I called those scammers back and told them I had reported them.   Some months later same guys with different name tried calling.  I called them and told them some things.   Never called back.  But the key is to get into your computer and get into your Paypal.  They say they are going to charge but if they don't have access they can't charge anything.       

Login to Me Too

Amaia_M
New Community Member

digitech.jpg

 i recieved this one too. i answered e mail to cancel and call them, they answered in latin american spanish and after incoherent explanation , they wanted to take remote control of my computer. I SAID NO ,red flag, and hung up

Login to Me Too

Codjak_33
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.